Friday, July 23, 2010

Vintage with Flowers

Happy Friday!

TGIF!! Can you believe we are almost to the end of July already? Boy this summer is flying on by. Hoping you have been enjoying it.


Today is new challenge day over at Just Magnolia and Stamp Something. For a change, I've decided to combine these challenges and so I have only one card to show you this week. The challenge at JM is "Vintage" and to use a Magnolia image and at SS the challenge is "Something Flowery." Perfect challenges to combine if you ask me!

I've use this darling Tilda with her parasol because I think she is perfectly vintage! I've colored her with Copics and framed her on an oval Nestie set and stitched the edges with the sewing machine. The papers are BG Capella and have been distressed and stitched with the sewing machine. I embellished with lots of flowers, lace ribbons, and half back pearls.

This card also fits the challenges at:
Creative Cottage: Touchy Feely
Magnolia Down Under: Seasons
Wild Orchid Challenge: Say it with Flowers

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Stay cool or hot if you like the heat!

Happy Stamping,

17 comments:

Marley said...

Very beautiful Denise!! Love the stitching and the beautiful design papers.. awesome coloring xx Marley

JazzyH said...

Love the look!

Tracey said...

Denise, this is so gorgeous!! I love the soft, subtle colours! xx

Crystal said...

Gorgeous Denise, LOVE that image and your added lace!

Laura said...

Lovely card, goes together so well!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card Denise!!! I love the papers and soft colors in this card!! Your distressing looks so pretty as well!!
I look forward to getting to know all you DT ladies better!!
AND also I got my first Whimsy order yesterday! Love the stamps and such fast service!! Thanks so much!! Have a lovely week-end :)Kathy

stephanne said...

You doubled up on challenges so you've doubled up on the gorgeousness factor, is that what's going on here!! What am I talking about, your work is ALWAYS gorgeous, I LOVE the soft colours and the beautiful flowers, drooooooooling over here!! Thanks for sharing with us at MDUC this week!!
Stephanne

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

CreaRenata said...

What a gorgeous creation, Denise!

Hugs,
Renata

Melissa said...

SO very sweet!

Many Blessings,
M.

Kim said...

Denise this is absolutely amazing hun! I love your Tilda...she's gorgeous and your work with the flowers is stunning! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Vanja said...

Stunning card, Denise! I love the flowers and the laces.
Hugs, vanja

Becky said...

What a gorgeous card Denise!!
Love the touchy Feely bits!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage!!
Love Becky xx

Janie Printz said...

What an adorable card ... Love that little Tilda image & love how you colored her ... Too cute !!
Hugs, Janie

Maya said...

Ohhh such a wonderful card!
Love the shabby chic/vintage feel in it!!
Hugs from Maya

Stampin Mindy said...

Wow Denise this is gorgeous! I LOVE the stitching. I need to get my sewing machine fixed! Beautiful flowers and love the 2 different laces. Hugs!

Elise said...

Oh Wow wow wow! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! My goodness! What beauiful soft and delicate colors and oh how I'm just kicking myself for not ordering these BG papers! lol! I love all the white flowers ... makes everything look so pure and sweet! Love love love this!

Hugs,
Elise