Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Whimsy Stamps Sneak Peek Day 2

Hi All!

Welcome to another sneak peek day at Whimsy Stamps!  This is going to be a quick post as I have lots and lots to finalize before our release tomorrow! I hope you will join us tomorrow for the release blog hop and gorgeous eye candy from our DT and some fun chances at prizes too. The festivities begin at Noon EST.

My card today features a new stamp set called Peace on Earth which was designed by Crissy Armstrong. I just love the elegance of this angel image, I know I will be using her on many cards this holiday season. This stamp set includes 2 other images and a bunch of sentiments that all coordinate.

I've colored the image with Copics in neutral color tones. The papers are Bo Bunny and I also created my own paper with the Life Defined background stamp available at Whimsy Stamps. All the edges have been distressed using scissors and I added some stitching details too. I sprayed the full card with glimmer mist although it's not showing up in the photo and then embellished with ribbon, eyelets, and flowers.

This card fits the challenges over at:
Crafty Little Place - red, white, green
Kaboodle Doodles - vintage
Wild Orchid   - classic christmas
Crazy Challenge  - things with wings
Christmas Inspirations - christmas cards only
I Did It Creations - holiday color mix up

Thanks for stopping on over today. Hope you have a wonderful night!

14 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

This is gorgeous.

Jill said...

Beautiful vintage card Denise! I love the colours and the sewing and the flowers and the image - everything really! Thanks for playing along at Kaboodledoodles this week and hope to see you again. Jill

Crystal said...

Absolute BEAUTY Denise!! LOVE THIS!

**Farrah** said...

That is a great new image, it's sure to be very popular! You've made a wonderful vintage card with the stitching and torn edges!
Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
Farrah

Cammy said...

Oh, Denise, this is just gorgeous! Love this image! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles.

Shirley said...

Truly gorgeous Denise. I love all the stitching and distressing and your image is coloured beautifully.
Thank you for playing along in our challenge this week at Kaboodledoodles and we hope to see you next time.

Shirley

*Vicki* said...

Oh gosh Denise!! Your skills have just gotten so darn good my friend!! This is absolutely STUNNING!! I adore this image! HUGS

Jeanette said...

This is lovely. The lucky person who receives this beauty. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Denise

A very striking image which I'm sure will be very popular. This is a lovely card with a great vintage feel to it. Thanks very much for playing with us over at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!

Tina
X

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Gorgeous card! Well done. Thanks for playing with us at IDIC.

WeirdCat said...

Beautiful card, lovely rich colours,thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge this week
Ruth x

Zlatoena said...

Wonderful Christmas card! Thank you for taking part in The Crazy Challenge this week!

Trish Hughes said...

what a great card, just stunning!!! thanks for joining us at IDIC!

cindy said...

Beautiful card. Love the stitching. Thanks for playing at IDIC.