Wednesday, May 20, 2009

One for the Boys

Happy Wednesday All!

Another week already half over, time is flying by! Hope you're having a good week so far. I know I'm looking forward to a long weekend coming up!

I have a card today that I created using Baseball Connor from Whimsy Stamps. I very rarely make cards for boys so this one was different for me. Fun different though!

I didn't really plan for this one to fit into any challenges, but it does! First, Simon Says Stamp's challenge was to make one for the boys and Cute Card Thursday is to use letters and numbers. The letters and numbers is probably a stretch, but I doodled on the sentiment, it's not a stamp. So it might count, we'll see.

The papers are some I got this past weekend at the scrapbook convention I went to with friends. We had a great time and scored lots and lots of goodies for not a lot of money! The buttons are also from the convention and go with the papers. Not sure who makes them though, I ripped off the tag and threw it away before looking. Ooops!

Connor has been colored with Copics and highlighted with a white gel pen. I wrote the All Star sentiment with a black SU! marker and added some photo corners and hemp twine to finish off this card. I think Baseball Connor is a perfect stamp for those masculine themed cards!

Thanks for stopping on by today, have a great day! I'm off to finish up work on those wedding invites I've been working on the last couple month. I'm in the home stretch and just want to have them DONE!

Happy stamping! :)

7 comments:

Stef H said...

This is great. Your colors are fabulous and that layout is perfect for this image!

Hugs,

Alex said...

that is soooo cute Denise - I just love Connor!! The colors on this one are great too! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Emily said...

Very cute card Denise! I love the colors and papers you used! Great image and coloring too! Love the buttons!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise,l love the image and colour.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

Connor is just adorable Denise!! Love the colors and the buttons look great on your card!! ;)

sukes7 said...

brilliant card Denise, I love the button details and your design luv sue x

Deb said...

I have had such a job visiting your blog..couldn't get on last night and today finally got on after a few attempts, I worked out a way around the problem. I scrolled down before the box was able to come up and it stayed on!

Anyway, now that I am here, your card is gorgeous, love those fabulous papers with Baseball Connor and not only is he good for last weeks challenge you could enter him again today for this week! A sporting theme this week!

So glad you are getting to the end of those invites! Well worth it in the end though!

Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge! Have a great day, Debx