Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Holiday Tilda

Happy Thursday!

Another Friday almost here! I had some free time today between loads of laundry so I did some crafting just for fun. Hope you have some time to do something for fun today too.

This card uses Sitting Tilda, but I made her work for a holiday themed card. I'm still working on finishing up my Christmas card list and this one will be added to the pile too.

I've used the sketch from Lili of the Valley with some BasicGrey Wassail papers in holiday reds and greens. I also distressed the edges of my papers for a vintage feel. I've embellished with organdy ribbon, hemp twine, beads and a charm and also some silver brads, red pearls, and Prima flowers which were sprayed with glimmer mist.

This card also fits the challenges at:
Everybody Art Challenge - red and green
Charisma Cardz: red, green, and white
Cute Card Thursday: Sew Beady
Magnolia Down Under: Bedazzled

Thanks for dropping by today. I'm off to do some Christmas shopping this afternoon and to get the kids some winter boots! Be sure to visit my Whimsy DT members to see who has today's Advent treat! Have a great afternoon. Happy stamping! :)

14 comments:

Allison said...

sweet card
Thanks for playing along this week at Charisma
AllisonX

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Denise Lynn,i love your image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

Oh wowzer!! Denise, this is just gorgeous hun!! I really love the disressing you've done to this and that little mag is soo darn cute!! :) Fabulous flowers too!! HUGS

stephanne said...

Ohhh wowww, love this!! I find it admirable when someone can make use of stamps from different collections, and you have done it perfectly, this is gorgeous!! I am loving your take on the LOTV sketch too, I am attempting to use it, lol, attempting.... Thanks for sharing with us at MDUC, I hope we'll see you back next time around!!
Stephanne

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Denise! Love your card!! xx

Sally said...

A most gorgeous card. Superb. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

Deb said...

gorgeous card, so love that sweet Tilda and the fabulous bead accent! WEll done on fitting it into so many challenges! hugs Debx

Cami said...

Very pretty card! Love the colors and papers, and your coloring is beautiful! Cami

Zimtschnecke said...

Wow, what a gorgeous and so cute card! Love the colors and papers you have used. Fantastic work.

Have an nice day.

Hugs Zimtschnecke

Vee said...

A fabulous card just perfect for our challenge. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Tracey Feeger said...

Wow wow wow. Beautiful. Gorgeous colouring of Tilda, great colours, love all the pearls. thanks for joining us at MDUC.
mwah
Trace

Leanne said...

Absolutely gorgeous card!

Thank you for joining us at Charisma this week - good luck!

Hugs
Leanne
xx

Sue said...

Denise, that Basic Gray collection is one of my favorites, love all the patterns. Your have done a wonderful job creating your card. Tilda looks so cute too. Thanks for sharing your card with us at MDUC this week. Hope to see you back again next challenge.

Unknown said...

Great card, such a gorgeous image!

Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week

Jan x