Wednesday, March 18, 2009

3 Challenges

Hi All!

Another week half over! It's been pretty nice weather-wise in New Hampshire these last few days, it almost feels like Spring is here, ALMOST. I had a play date with a friend today, the kids played great and us moms got to chat. Perfect way to spend the day!

I have a card to share that I made for 3 challenges...
A Spoon Full of Sugar was to use gems, Whiff of Joy was to use the color green, and then a great sketch over at Truly Scrumptious. You also have to use something shiny on your card for an additional part of the Truly Scrumptious challenge, which for my card would be the gems.

I got this cute image from the swap I hosted earlier this month, so all I had to do was color her. I used Copics of course and some white gel pen highlights. The papers are all old SU! prints and some Wild Wasabi and Almost Amethyst cardstock. I added adhesive gems, rhinestone brads, and a flower gem to fit the shiny and gem challenges. Then added some ribbon and a flower die cut to finish off this card.

Thanks for popping over! Be sure to check out the Whimsy Stamps website tomorrow! We'll be showing some sneak peeks at our next Whimsy Animals release as well as opening up ordering of the BasicGrey products we'll be carrying!

Happy Stamping! :)

22 comments:

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Denise lynn,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.x

Erin... said...

Super cute card Denise!!! And thanks for a fun day:)

Dawn said...

Hi Denise

Stunning card - I am so partial to lilacs and purples!!
Beautifully coloured too..

thanks for joining us this week

Dawn

Melissa said...

This image reminds me of being a kid.....I had a lot of Holly Hobby stuff when I was small, and just looking at the image makes me smile! Beautifully done friend!

Many Blessings,
M.

Missy said...

Lovely card. I love the green and purple combo. Purple is my fav color after all.
I also wanted to say thanks for creating Whimsy stamps. I just recently discovered them. I have your adorable little frog sitting on the lily pad. I have been able to creat one card with it so far and used it for a CPS challenge. I just love them and plan on getting more of those adorable images. So many to choose from.

Alex said...

This is darling Denise, I love that image! Did you get mine - I sent them ages ago, and forgot all about it until I saw this post! Love the colors on your card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rach said...

Beautiful Denise, love those gems. hugs rachxx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Denise Love the beautiful colour combo and the swirl of gems, Thanks for playing along with a spoonfull of sugar this week, Hugs Debbie x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Denise. Love the image and the perfect colouring. Pretty papers also. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Michele x

Sharon said...

This is gorgeous Denise. I love the swirly gems - beautiful. Thanks for joining in the TS challenge this week.

cats whiskers said...

Hi Denise well dear all I can say about this is card is stunning I just love it
Hugs Jacqui x

Emily said...

This is beautiful Denise! Love the colors and the bling! Your coloring looks great! Adorable image too!

Anonymous said...

WOW Denise!! This is so gorgeous!! What a beautiful job you did!! I love your coloring and these remind me of my childhood with those cute little Holly Hobbies!! :)

Bev said...

Denise this is just gorgeous hun - love the beautiufl colour combo. Well done on the combo too x

Danita said...

Beautiful card!!! Love the Greens and Purples!!! Your coloring is beautiful!!!! Thanks for playing in the TS challenge this week!!!

Danita

Sue said...

beautiful card luv the colour combo, fabby colouring, sue.x

debby4000 said...

Lovely card, beautiful colour combo and sweet image.

Heather said...

Gorgeous Denise. Purple & green - one of my favourites together.
Fabulous take on the sketch and beautifully coloured image.
hugs Heather xx

Naoual said...

Lovely card, love the colour combinatione. The image is coloured beautifully.

xx Naoual

Nancy said...

Wonderful card! I always love bling. :) Willow is wonderfully colored, and I love the papers you used!

Beth aka BR-T said...

Your card is fantastic, love the shiny! BR-T

RubyMay said...

Wow...I think I am going to have to get some Whimsy stamps after seeing your fabby card. I love it x