Thursday, September 3, 2009

No Card Today

Hi All!

Hope you are having a good week. Things have been a bit on the busy side at our house. School started this week and we've had tons of errands to run and even more for the weekend! Unfortunately, that meant no time for making a card to post today. :(

But, I do have a couple bits of news that I wanted to help spread the word about for a couple friends of mine.

First, and this is a bit of sad news, my good friend Erin has posted a blog candy chance on her blog for those generous stampers out there who are willing to help with a special project. Erin's neighbor's 13 year old daughter was seriously injured in a boating accident while on vacation and has very sadly lost her arm. Erin is trying to collect some well wishes and thoughts and prayers for this little girl, named Paige, in hopes of brightening her day. She will have a long road of recovery ahead of her and Erin thought that having some words of encouragement and kindness would help keep her spirits high.

If you would like to help, please visit this LINK and take part in Erin's card drive. Erin has posted a link the article about Paige and her horrific accident as well as information if anyone out there would like to make a donation on this child's behalf. Thank you for helping!

Saturday Spotlight

Also, in a some brighter news, I wanted to share information about the start of a new challenge blog. My friend and fellow stamper, Vicki Parson, is starting up a challenge blog the first Saturday in October! If you know Vicki, you know it will be fabulous! The challenge site is Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential and there you will find fun ideas and different ways of using your crafting supplies. Vicki is a super talented crafter and always has awesome and clever ways of using her craft goodies! I'm excited that she's going to share her wisdom with us! :)

If you help spread the word about Saturday Spotlight, you too can be eligible for some fantastic blog candy! And I know how much we all love a good challenge, so why not help spread the word around blogland.

Thanks for reading my post today, I hope you have a great Thursday. I'll be back tomorrow with some cards! Happy Stamping!

For more information about Erin's card drive or Saturday Spotlight, please visit the links in this post.

2 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

Hi Denise!!! Congrats on becoming the Delightful Sketches Spotlight Designer!
Your new challenge blog sounds exciting and I will pass the the word along!
My best wishes go out to Paige and I'm heading to check out that link now.
Congrats again! Hugs, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Denise, you're a sweetheart and such a huge help!! Thank you ever so much for helping to pass the word along!! Big hugs from me to you!!!

I'm looking forward to seeing Whimsy over there!!!