Monday, May 24, 2010

Special Image and Request

Happy Monday!

Wow is it hot here! Is it hot where you are? I've had a busy day of errands and some work as well as some crafting although it's getting a little too hot to enjoy that anymore for today. Hoping for a bit cooler tomorrow, but I think it's actually going to be hotter. Not complaining after the winter we had!

Today I have a special card to share that uses a very special digital image! This card was created with the new digital freebie being offered at Whimsy Stamps. Crissy Armstrong created this sassy design in honor of our DT member Lisa's sister Jayme, who sadly was diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. Lisa has a special RAK request posted on her blog now with a great prize up for grabs. If you're a card maker and want to brighten someone's day, please make a card and send it off to Jayme!

You can visit the Whimsy Stamps store page to download this image or click HERE to go directly to the download. The file is a zip file so you will need to save it to your computer and then extract the files to be able to print and resize and flip the image.

This is my card using the new image Beach Baby Jayme....

I've gone with some fun colors in hot pink and orange and used some BG Green at Heart papers. I stitched the edges on the sewing machine and then embellished with ribbon and sticky gems. I wanted the image to be the focal point of this card so I've kept the design fairly simple. The image was colored with Copics and then I added a touch of Stickles here and there.

This card also fits the challenges at:
Sketch Saturday: sketch - Whimsy is sponsoring this challenge too!
Totally Gorjuss: Bling it On!
Sundays with Crissy: layers

I'll be sending this card off to Jayme tomorrow. I hope you will help Lisa and send some smiles to Jayme too! Have a great night, see you tomorrow!

Happy Stamping,

11 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

This is a great card to send to Lisa's sister. What a fun image.

Deb said...

beautiful card Denise, such pretty cheery colours, love how you coloured the sweet frog, so love this fun image! HOw lucky are you having early Summer weather, we are still in winter here, literally, snowing on and off all day! have a great evening, hugs Debx

Annie said...

I've already made my card using a Penny Black stamp but thanks so much for the image - I'll add a link on my posting and then if anyone is short on frog stamps they have no excuse.
ann xxx

Debbie said...

This is just gorgeous Denise,love the bright colours,Hugs debbie x

Crissy Armstrong said...

I love the bright fun colours Denise, and your wonderful layout and sewing. I love the glow on her cheeks - so cute! Thank you for your support with this cause and for getting the image and link all set to go. I couldn't have done that, so I really appreciate it!
Again, your partnership is invaluable to me!

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Denise-lynn,i love your image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Erin... said...

so bright and cheery!!!! love this image and can't wait to print her out!

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Hi Denise
Love your choice of colours and papers for this image!!! Your colouring looks great too!!!
Sarah :)

Jo said...

Denise, I LOVE THIS CARD! I'm a huge froggy fan as you know so I absolutely LOVE this image and will be downloading it, thank you, and to Crissy too for designing this adorable image.
Thank you also for sponsoring our challenge this week! :)
Sad news about Lisa's sister Jayme :(
I will go visit her blog now to read about it and I will be making a card for her.
Thanks again hunni!
Jo xx

Patricia Garcia said...

Hello Denise, what a fun card! Love the Frog and the color combo you have used! Cute papers too, you are awesome girl!!

Hugs,
Patricia

Lisa said...

Hi Denise,
Thanks for helping out so graciously with the project for Jayme. I love your card and know she will too! I'm glad you entered it in Crissy's challenge too! I adore your work (but you know that hehe).
Hugs,
Lisa