Friday, February 4, 2011

Anything Goes and a Digi

Hi All!

Happy Friday! Hope you are having a good week.


Today is new challenge day over at Just Magnolia and our theme this week is simple - "anything goes with the option of ribbons". Please remember to use a Magnolia or Hanglar and Stanglar stamp on your creation to be eligible for the prize.

I went for a very vintage feel for this card and used my BG Curio papers, love them! I've colored the image with Copics and then framed it out with Circle Nesties and distressed the edges to match the distressed edges on the papers. I've embellished with flowers, pearls, ribbon, button with twine, eyelets, and a tag with a sentiment from Whimsy Stamps.


Next up is my card for the new challenge over at Stamp Something. This week is our first Friday of the new month and than means a new "Go Digi" challenge!

I've used an image from Sassy Studio Designs called "Little Honey's Winter Wendy" and I've paired her with some winter themed Bo Bunny papers. The image was colored with Copics and then framed with Oval Nesties. I've embossed the white layer with the snowflakes folder and then embellished with some ribbon and snowflake die cuts (Winter's Jewel 1 from Whimsy Stamps) and gems.

Thanks so much for dropping by today. I hope you have a great weekend. Be sure to stop by the Whimsy blog today to see who is sneak peeking some of the new February rubber stamps!!

6 comments:

arjette said...

Wwoowww they are both gorgeous!!!! I really love these Curio papers!

gr. arjette.

martina's kaartjes said...

beautiful cards ! lovely magnolia ! great job,
greetings, martina
x

Crystal said...

These are FABULOUS creations Denise!!!! Hope you are enjoying your time away!! Hugs!

Chrissy said...

Oh! Denise, these are both beautiful.Love, love, love ,the vintage look.Gorgeous work.
Gorgeous winter digi also. The blues are beautiful, and that snowflake is to die for.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Deb said...

just beautiful, love both cards but the snowflake on is my absolute favourite, gorgeous! hugs Debx

Shirley N said...

Gorgeous cards Denise! Love your layouts and beautifully colored images!