Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Holiday Gift Idea

This week I wanted to share a quick and easy holiday gift idea with you. I was at Target a while back and found some lotions and soaps in the dollar spot along with some baskets. I decided to grab a couple of each and see what I could do with them once I got home. Well needless to say, they sat in the closet for a while until I came across them the other day.
I grabbed a few supplies that I had on hand, like scissors and adhesive and some ribbon. Then, I rummaged through my pile of designer papers and came across some that matched the color of the lotion itself. I covered the bottles with the paper to create my own labels. Finally, I added some ribbon and tags and viola...a handcrafted and unique gift basket. All created using left over supplies and some inexpensive bottles of lotions. Now it's your turn!

Although, I don't think Target currently has these items in the dollar spot anymore, I'm sure you could find inexpensive soaps and lotions somewhere else that would work great for this project. Please note that the designer paper I used for this project is retired from the last Stampin' Up! Idea Book and Catalog, it is no longer available for purchase. If you would like to order another designer print, the November Paper Party Promo is still going on for the next couple days. Check out Stampin' Up! for more details about this promo.

4 comments:

Erin... said...

Great gift basket!! Perfect idea for lots of different people!

Elaine said...

What a nice idea! I also love the picture for your header!

Lynn said...

What a nice gift idea! It's a great way to use the designer papers.

Nancy B said...

Denise Thanks for the great gift Idea.
Love the papers that you used.
I purchased some Make up brushes for my niece for Christmas and I was looking for a creative way to give them to her. I think I have found that idea.

SBS3 Nancy