Friday, July 11, 2008

Triple Play

Hi All! Happy Friday!

There's a new challenge over on STAMP SOMETHING and this week we are going for "Triple Plays!" We want to see what you can do with 3 layers, 3 colors, and 3 embellishments!

Show us your best work and you may find yourself up for a chance as guest designer in August! That's right, we're looking for 5 more entries to put to a viewer vote. The winner will go up against the viewer's choice from last week's "Dazzle Us" challenge. Speaking of the dazzle us challenge, head on over and vote for your top choice now!

This is my take on the "Triple Play" challenge. I went with a Bella image, I've had this one for a while now and haven't had any reason to use her, so what better excuse than for a challenge! I'm not sure what the exact name of this bella is, but I'm calling her Glitzy-Bella!

The 3 colors I choose to use are Basic Black, Whisper White, and Cool Caribbean. This printed paper was from an old Simply Scrappin' Kit that is now retired. I love how the blue pops against the black. The image has been stamped in Staz-On ink and colored with re-inkers and an aquapainter.

My 3 embellishments are Iridescent Ice EP on the dress, rhinestone brads on the dress and the flowers, and lastly the white fabric flowers. The rhinestones on the dress have been popped out of the brad and adhered with crystal effects.

This blurry photo, sorry about that, shows more of the shimmer on her dress from the Iridescent Ice EP.

Thanks for taking a look today! Hop on over to STAMP SOMETHING and check out the fabulous design team samples. I hope you'll find some time to stamp something today too! Have a super weekend, happy stamping!! :)

19 comments:

Becky Carafa said...

This is sooo cute! Love the caribbean and black, and the row of gems is beautiful!

Emily said...

Oh, I love this Denise! That stamp is too cute. I love the sparkles on her dress, and the colors are awesome! TFS!

Lauren said...

She is just too pretty. I like how you interpreted the challenge. Great job!

Melissa said...

Oh so pretty! And my, what good taste you have in choosing your image!!! LOL!

She's beautiful Denise!

Many Blessings,
M.

Anonymous said...

Outsanding card, Denise! I love your special touches, and Bella had never looked prettier. :D

Jo said...

Love it Denise...it's gorgeous! The image is great but the paper is so pretty and you're right, the black really makes it pop! Sweet flowers too!

Have a great weekend :)

Alison said...

Simply gorgeous, beautiful colours you have used.

Becca said...

Just Beautiful is this Bella. I love the blue and black.

Erin... said...

SHe is super fancy!!! Love the sparkle in her dress!! Beautiful!!

Alex said...

Denise, this is such a WOW! card - I loved it when I say it on the ss site - totally beautiful and the colors are amazing!! Great challenge card, my friend - just gorgeous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love it, the flowers, bling, image and all!!! :)

I've been slacking on the challenges!! Better get to playing!

Maren said...

Very sweet! I love the row of rhinestones on the bottom of the dress!

Theresa Momber said...

So beautiful and elegant. I love your colors.

Diane said...

Such a beauty Denise!!! Great challenge,great card!!!

Jessica said...

Love the layers! I will have to try this! I have some invites to do so this will be perfect!

Risa said...

Your card is very pretty Denise! I love the layers and your Bella is beautiful and elegant:)

Erin... said...

Hey Love the new header!! ps I gave you an award

Anonymous said...

Oh WOW! I love this Bella card. The layers look great. And the "blue" against the black is great.

PocketsOfInspiration said...

Love this! The colors and layers are great.