Friday, November 21, 2008

Thankful Somethings Challenge

Happy Friday!

We have a new challenge for you over on STAMP SOMETHING and this one is all about being thankful! With the Thanksgiving holiday right around the corner, we figured this was the perfect challenge theme. So all you need to do is make a project having to do with giving thanks, saying thanks, or even Thanksgiving itself. We realize not everyone celebrates this holiday, so we're keeping the interpretation open to just having to do with THANKS! Have fun with this one. We have some Magnolia images up for grabs as blog candy, be sure to enter by Thursday, November 27th at 7pm EST for your chance.


I don't have any Thanksgiving stamps, so I went with a thank you card. Many of you know this has been a busy and exciting week for me with the launch of Whimsy Stamps, so I have lots to be thankful for! And because it's been a busy week, I haven't had too much time for stamping. So this is a pretty simple card.

I used some Autumn colors and then Pocket Silhouettes to make this card. I started with a base of Cocoa cardstock and stamped it with the Canvas BG from Stampin' Up!. Then I layered on a strip of Pumpkin, Washington Apple DSP, and then the image with Riding Hood Red. The images were stamped with Pumpkin and Saffron ink. The final touch was an elastic cord and button. The sentiment is also from Pocket Silhouettes.

Thanks for stopping by, we hope you'll find time to stamp something with us this week. Be sure to stop by STAMP SOMETHING and check out all the design team samples too! Happy Stamping! :)

Oh, and there's still time to enter into the Whimsy Stamps blog candy....check it out here!

14 comments:

Erin... said...

Great thank you card Denise! Love that fun button and the stamping along the pumpikin layer is a great touch!! I'm visiting blogs early today so I have all afternoon to play with my new whimsey rubber!! woohoo!!! good thing we're ordering pizza for dinner!

Tracey said...

Very cute card!

Lauren said...

This is adorable. I love the stamp and paper combination you chose.

Becky Carafa said...

This is wonderful! I love the layout, color combo, button, everything!

Melissa said...

It's a perfect choice for this week's challenge as the autumn colors really shine! Beautiful job Denise!

Many Blessings,
M.

Anonymous said...

THanks so much for sharing your adorable card, Denise! Love it! I am lately stumped when using this set, it looks fabulous here.

Alex said...

This is very pretty Denise - Love that big button and the colors ROCK!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* ALex

Emily said...

This is beautiful Denise! I love the layout! Awesome colors! This looks great! TFS!

Mrs. W said...

Thanks so much Denise! I really appreciate your support :o) I understand congratultions is in order to you as well my dear! How exciting I wish you many blessings on your new adventrue!

Hanne said...

It might be simple made, but wow, it's beautiful!! Love the way you've put the piece to the left, looks like you've placed a mirror at the ribbon :)

Hugs, Hanne:)

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card really like the button on the cord. Thanks for the comment on my blog.

Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful!! Love your colors and layout!! What a great challenge too!! TFS! Hope your weekend is wonderful!! :)

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, great colours

melody said...

beautiful card ~ beautiful stamping!