Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Double Trouble Sketch

Hello!

Thank you all for your well wishes on getting better. Still feeling a bit sick, but better than yesterday! Oh and sorry to disappoint that the mom to be was not me. I however am not at all disappointed! Ha! :) You're all too sweet though, your kindness cheered me up!

Hope everyone is off to a good Tuesday, we're home today. My son has a teachers workshop day and the weather men are predicting another storm for tomorrow, so he just might have tomorrow off too. Ah, winter!

I have a card to share today that I made for two challenges. First, for Sketch Saturday and then also for Magnolia vs. Stampavie. I've never done the Magnolia vs. Stampavie challenge before, but I'm glad I did. I received a bunch of images from my friend Jo and I even got a new Magnolia stamp from my friend Janna, so this was a perfect challenge to use these sweet images. And the sketch was also fun, a good way to start out on my card.

I went with a purple and green color combo, I know AGAIN! I just love these colors and they feel like Spring to me, which can't come soon enough. :) I used three Magnolia images, all colored with Copic markers. The accents on this card are grosgrain ribbon, prima flowers, and some brads. The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps.

Thanks for popping over! I'll be back later today to announce the winner of the February guest designer call for Whimsy Stamps. Happy Stamping! :)

15 comments:

sarahw said...

What a cute card, Denise. I love the layout and the colors. We are having our first snow day today! :)

Ria Zonnestraaltje said...

Ahh this is gorgeouss ;) Great take on our sketch.
Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

hugs Ria

Anonymous said...

super sweet!

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful card Denise. Love the cute image and its a great interpretation of SS sketch. Hugs from Desire

Jana said...

cute card, Denise. I really like the image and the colors that you used.

Ellibelle said...

This is too cute Denise! Love your coloring and purple is becoming one of my favorite colors too!!

~Lori Roop said...

I have three home today from school because of that "winter" stuff! The kids love it!! We have had several inches of snow since early this morning. And it's still snowing.

I can't wait til it's warm enough to sit outside.....This card definately says Spring!! Great coloring and primas! I love those nestabilities dies. Our stores don't carry those particular ones. :(

Anonymous said...

So very pretty Denise!! Love those flowers and yummy colors!! :)

Jeanette said...

Sweet card Denise! Hope you are feeling better soon! Hugs Jeanette

Carla said...

This is so sweet, and I love the purple! Purple has not been popular for a few years, but I think it's back in BIG for this spring! YIPPEE!!

Stampin Mindy said...

Adorable, Love the color combo! Cant wait to hear about the GDT call!

Deb said...

such a stunning card Denise, love it, very cute scene!

Bev said...

Delicious! Love the fab colour combo Denise, those flowers are so pretty. A truly stunning card hunny

hugs Bev x

Emily said...

This is so pretty Denise! I love the colors! Great layout too! Your coloring looks great! TFS!

melody said...

gorgeous..love those colors..and that magnolia
stamp..wowza..beautiful coloring chickie!