Friday, June 18, 2010

Garden Summer

Happy Friday!

Hope you all have a great day today and a fabulous weekend! Today is new challenge day over at Just Magnolia and Stamp Something. Both challenges are really fun and I think you could even combine them if you like!


First I have my JM card and our challenge this week is the theme of Garden. Please remember to use a Magnolia image on your project to qualify for the prize which this week has been donated by Wild Orchid Crafts! Some ideas for the garden theme would be embellishing with flowers, using garden/in the garden images, floral papers, etc.

For my card I used some floral papers, an outdoor combination of images, and lots of flower accents. These flowers can all be purchased at Wild Orchid Crafts. My Tilda image was colored with Copics and then sat on the swing. I've used the sketch from Sketch Saturday for my card layout and the papers are K and Company with Magnolia Fairytale Collection papers. I've embellished with swirls of rhinestones, sticky pearls, flowers, and ribbon. I've also used the sewing machine to add some stitching details and the lace border punch for the trim accent. 

This card also fits at:
Our Creative Corner: Gotcha Cornered
Magnolia Down Under: Swirly Swirls
Allsorts: Lace and/or buttons


Next is my card for Stamp Something. This week our challenge is Something for Summer. You can interpret this challenge in your own way. Use images that are summery, summery papers, inspired by summer project, etc. Our sponsor this week is La La Land Crafts. They gave each of our DT some images to work with too!

I've gone with a beachy summer theme and used this sweet Beach Rosie image from La La Land. I've colored with Copics and framed with Nesties. I also added a pearl to the oyster in the image. I've used some Wild Asparagus papers and embossed with the swirls and swiss dots CB folders. I've embellished with sea themed brads and some hemp twine. Then added a sentiment and a clip to hold it on. The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps.

This card also fits at:
La La Land: embossing
Spoon Full of Sugar: Sunshine

Thanks for dropping on by today. Before you go...I have a bit of blog candy for you. I've decided to give away this sweet Beach Rosie stamp to one lucky winner. All you need to do is use the linky feature below and enter before this Stamp Something challenge ends on Thursday, June 24th at 7pm EST. (this stamp is bare red rubber and has been used once, but cleaned). Good luck!




EDIT TO ADD:
Blog candy winner is Dorcas! Thanks for entering for this cute stamp ladies. Dorcas, please contact me to claim your stamp!

Happy Stamping,

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Denise
2 gorgeous cards have a great weekend.
Christine x

Crystal said...

Hi Denise, WOW I really love the bling on your Tilda card...How pretty!!!! That image on the second one is soooo cute, Great beachy colors and love how you added that little pearl..ADORABLE!

Rach said...

two fabulous cards honey.xx

Debbie said...

Two Gorgeous cards Denise,love the added bling on the tilda card,Hugs Debbie x

Diane said...

Oh my,your Tilda card is stunning!
Love all the bling and the colors and coloring is spectacular as always!

Maria Therese said...

So cute cards!!!

Deb said...

Can't believe it is Friday already, the days are flying by, not getting much online time so sorry for not dropping by sooner. Both beautiful cards, so love that tilda, must get some shopping done soon! must get some crafting done soon too! hugs Debx

Riet said...

So beautiful cards Denise,i love your images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jodie from Oz said...

Your cards are beautiful, Tilda is so sweet, the design and details are wonderful and I love your swirly swirls. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under this week. hugs Jodie from Oz

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Denise, this is so lovely! I love this Tilda and the Swing is darling. I love the roses on the branch too. Beautiful card! Hugs!

Kylie said...

Beautiful card Denise! Lovely blingy swirl!
Thanks for playing at MDUC this week,
Hugs
Kylie

stephanne said...

I love how you've placed Tilda on a swing for a little summer fun, she looks gorgeous amoungst those flowers are swirls, I wonder if she's got room for me to join her, lol!!! And your SS sampke is darling, love that you've added a pearl into the oyster and the colours are gorgeous!! Thanks for coming to play with us at MDUC this week ;)
Stephanne

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous cards Denise, fab cute images but my fave has to be Tilda.
luv
Debby

Tara Godfrey said...

Two gorgeous cards, Denise! I really love your JM card!!! I saw it over at the JM blog this morning and had to pop over to see it again here...just stunning and I love the stamps you used for the "in the Garden" theme"!!! Tilda looks so beautiful...coloured flawlessly and I love the details...such pretty bling, flowers and yummy papers!
Hugs,t

Maureen said...

Both gorgeous cards, but of course I'm especially partial to the second one! ;) Thanks for playing with us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

1LuvnMama said...

Luv the fun summery colors! :) Thanks for joining us at La-La Lands Crafts!

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous cards Denise.