Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pixie DT - Sketch Challenge

Happy Wednesday!

Wednesday means a brand new challenge over at The Pixie Cottage! This week we have a guest sketch and theme challenge for you. The sketch was created by the talented Donalda and the theme is Father's Day. As always you can use the sketch, the theme, or combine both.

I've chosen to only use the sketch this week as I wanted to use one of the new wedding images just released at The Pixie Cottage shop. This image is called May I Have This Dance.

I used some Copics and Stickles to color this image. Unfortunately the Stickles caused the ink to run a bit on the dress, but I actually like the soft hint of color it left behind. I've used Donalda's sketch with some black and white papers and card stock.  I'm not sure of the brand of these papers however. I also used a CB folder to dry emboss the white layer. I added some pearls and ribbon, and some flowers and more pearls to embellish this card.

This card also fits the challenges at:
Daring Cardmakers: String of Pearls
Stamptacular Sunday: I Do
PaperPlay Challenges: Flowers and Sparkle
S2G Challenges: Brides

Thanks for stopping by today. If you're up for a challenge, head on over to the Pixie Cottage and join in! Have a super day!

Happy Stamping,

15 comments:

Guylaine Seyer said...

oh that's awesome!

Crystal said...

Oh WOW Denise this is a beautiful wedding card..Oh my I LOVE the black and white and the sparkle...sooooo beautiful!

אורית said...

Great card - I love it's elegance.

Lynda said...

Beautiful and elegant card - Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Tracy said...

This is so beautiful and elegant.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Barb Hardeman said...

Georgeous, elegant, fabulous! This is such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week for the I DO I DO challenge. hugs...Barb

artish said...

so classically black and white splashed with glitter and pearls...every bride's dream! gorgeous showcase of May I Have This Dance~ thank u denise!!!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Stunning card Denise. Love all the black and white.
Hugs
Tanya

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Denise, what a stunning card. Love the colour scheme. Thanks for sharing with us at stamptacular this week. Hugs, Denise (GDT)

Adrina said...

Wonderful.
Chique!!!
Adrina XX

Judi said...

Beautiful card, I love it!

Judi xxx

cheryl said...

wow stunning card hun hugs cheryl xxxx

Denise @ kc242 said...

Denise Lynn, Wow Just love all of the beautiful and elegant aspects of this wonderful card. Just perfect!
Denise
Pixie Cottage

Sprytebyrd said...

Beautiful card! What a pretty image! I love the pearls and the embossing!
Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday! ♥ Good luck on our "I Do, I Do!" challenge!
Dee (Spryte)

Carolyn said...

Love this image. I adore how you added the glitter to the dress. That really finished it off beautifully. Thanks for joining in at SSC.
Hugs xx
Carolyn