Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to School Somethings!

Well, it's Friday and you know what that means...another challenge on STAMP SOMETHING! This week in honor of summer ending and kids heading back to school we are challenging you to create a back to school something! You can interpret this in any way you choose as long as your creation has something to do with school.

My son just had his first day of Kindergarten on Wednesday, so heading back to school has been on our minds for a couple of weeks. I'm sure many of you out there are in the same boat! The theme of my card is school friendships, which I hope my son will have many of soon.


This card uses a couple Magnolia images with pencils, perfect for school. I colored the images with watercolor wonder crayons and an aquapainter. Then cut them out. Their wings are dusted with crystal effects and dazzling diamonds glitter.

The cardstock colors are So Saffron, Brocade Blue, and Tangerine Tango. I also used a piece of patterned paper I received from my good friend Alex when I won her blog candy. The background behind the images is a white piece of cardstock stamped with the letters abc from ABC Lower Alphabet, a Stampin' Up! set. The layout for this card is similar to one I saw on Katharina's blog. I did some flipping around and changed the placement of some elements, but it is essentially the same sketch.

The final touches are paper piercing, faux stitching stamp, ribbon, scalloped circle with silver hodgepodge and the sentiment from Celebrate Everything, also a Stampin' Up! set.

Thanks for stopping in, be sure to head on over to STAMP SOMETHING and check out the terrific design team samples. I hope you'll find time to stamp something today too! Have a great weekend, happy stamping!! :)

17 comments:

Lauren said...

The piercing and stitching are such fun details. Fabulous card Denise!

Becky Carafa said...

So cute, Denise! I love the placement of the striped piece underneath, such great details!

Erin... said...

Super cute card!! TOo funny we used the same image!! BUt he's perfect for the challenge!! Love the colors and layout too!! Love the new profile pic:)

Anonymous said...

Love your cute card, Denise! The details are fabulous, my favs are the stamped alphabet and the pencils.

Alex said...

LOVE all that piercing and the images are too cute!! Totally adorable card, Denise - awesome!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Melissa said...

So sweet Denise! Reminds me of sitting next to a crush in grade school and not being able to even say my name in his presence!! LOL!

Fabulous job!

Many Blessings,
M.

Andrea, said...

Fab card design, I love how you have coloured the images

Emily said...

Denise this is adorable! Great layout and colors! The piercing and stitching look awesome! I love all the great little details on this card!

Catherine said...

way too cute!

Debby said...

I love your banner and all your creations are wonderful! Very pretty eye candy!

Desire Fourie said...

Lovely card. Nice bright colours. Definitely has got that school atmosphere. Warm regards

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Love it! Such a cheerful card! Love the colors and the images!

Maria Matter said...

Denise, this is such a sweet card! Love the image and your piercing...it's so straight!!!! Congrats on having a "school aged" child! What fun!
Blessings, Maria

Anonymous said...

Denise...this is DARLING!! I love these little guys!! The stitching and layout are fabulous!! ;) I hope to be doing this challenge this week!! I HOPE!! And by the way....LOVE your picture!! I can see you now!!! Yeah!

Lynn said...

Adorable! Love all the details! Hope your son is enjoying Kindergarten! My son just started back to school too...only this is his senior year! Time sure flies...doesn't seem that long ago that he was a little guy going off to K with his Barney backpack! (I'm sure he wouldn't like me sharing that he once owned a Barney anything, hehehe)

Cassie said...

cute cute card! love the little sentiment bit in the corner

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Superb details you've incorporated in this delightful card, Denise!