Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Janna!

Hello!

Today is my oldest and dearest friend Janna's birthday! Happy Birthday Janna! Janna and I have been friends since junior high school, which was a very long time ago. :) I can't remember a time when I didn't know her. Even though, I can't be there to celebrate with her, I want her to know I'm thinking of her on her special day! :)

I thought I'd share the card I made for her. I'm very happy with the way this card turned out except for the green birthday gift. I tried to color the hearts pink and the colors blended together to make this not so pretty green. Many attempts to change it, failed. So Janna, I apologize! I would never buy wrapping paper that looks like that! LOL! :)

This image is a Magnolia colored with watercolor wonder crayons and an aquapainter. I used my scalloped oval nesties to make the frame around the image. The printed papers are from a retired hostess Simply Scrappin' Kit. The embellishments are styled silver hodgepodge, ribbons, brads, die cut stickers. The happy birthday sentiment is from All Holidays and has been popped up using foam tape.

Thanks for taking a look today! Hope you have a wonderful day. Happy stamping!! :)

12 comments:

Lorraine Robertson said...

This is absolutely adorable & I'm sure that Janna will love it...

Happy Birthday Janna if you read this.

Lorraine xxx

Samantha said...

OMG- this is so cute- not sure who you can find anything wrong with it. Love it! When is your birthday and can I have your address. Also our masculine cards are due August 30th to me. When you email me your addy I will reply back with mine- for you to send your cards in- we still hae 2 spots open if you know anyone else that would like to join?? Have a great day

xoxoxo
Samantha

Lauren said...

This is just adorable. I love that patterned paper Denise.

Catherine said...

Denise, she's adorable and love the layout that you use for this card.

Kate T said...

Tilda is looking great! love the papers and that little photo corner.
hugs Kate x

Emily said...

I love this Denise! I love the colors, the layout, EVERYTHING!! This is just too cute!

Lynn said...

Super cute! Beautiful coloring and love all the details!

Anonymous said...

This is sooo darling!! ;) She will just LOVE it I'm sure!! TFS!!

Alex said...

She is adorable - I love this card, totally cute Denise! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Boy, that Janna is a lucky girl :) Thank you for another beautiful card!

Diane said...

Awwww! She's adorable,I'm sure your friend will love her too!
Love the colors and your coloring is wonderful Denise!

Cassie said...

i just love the layout on this card! and your details, as always, are great and really make this card gorgeous!