Monday, June 1, 2009

Animals and a Sketch

Hi All,

Hope your Monday is off to a great start. I can't believe another week is under way and that it's already June! Time sure does fly! I had a chance to do some stamping this morning, so I headed straight for the challenge sites!

I made a card using the sketch from Friday Sketchers and the challenge themes of Animals and Insects at Just Magnolia and Animals at Simon Says Stamp. The sketch was unique and at first I wasn't sure I would be able to work with it, but I managed to figure it out! And then the animals challenge was tricky too as I wanted to use this cute Tilda image, but found some birds that I got from a swap, which I cut out and popped up on foam tape. I think they are Magnolia, but not positive. Now that covers all the challenges!

The papers are from a mat pack and the card stock is all SU!. The embellishments are white gel pen dots, silver brads, prima flowers, and felt flowers. The sentiment is from SU! Short and Sweet and the images were colored with Copics.

Thanks for stopping by today. Hope you have a great afternoon! Happy Stamping! :)

18 comments:

Mephisto said...

Hi Denise,
thats a wonderful Work. Like it very much.

Thanks for joining in the SimonSaysChallenge.

Hugs
Domi

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Denise :-)The Tilda is gorgeous and the birds look very cute ! Fab idea, she does look as though she is bird watching :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge :-)
Lorraine x

June said...

What a beauty !!!! I love the little birds they are sweet and love the background
Hugs June xxx

Rach said...

this is so sweet Denise, fabulous colouring and detail.xx

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Way too sweet with the little bluebirds fluttering about!!!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Denise Lynn,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful creation Denise!! Love your coloring and that argyle paper!! :)

Alex said...

Gorgeous card Denise, I love the coloring and the paper is fabulous! Just catching up after a VERY hectic week last week getting ready for my new job - ACK! Can't believe how much I missed, LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Jeanette said...

This is so pretty Denise. I love that image and the color combo that you have used is really fab!
Hugs Jeanette xx

Melissa said...

Soooo darn cute! Well done Denise!

Many Blessings,
M.

Nadezhdinka said...

wonderful Work!
Like it very much.
So gorgeous papers!!!
super ))))

Debbie said...

A beautiful card Denise, the image is adorable... I love the little scene you have created and the papers are gorgeous. Debbie x

cats whiskers said...

Oh what a cute card, love that image and your colouring is just perfectas are those delish papers, hope you have a good week sweetie and thanks for joining us on JM this week
Hugs Jacqui x

Velta said...

Denise ~ Your use of brads really makes this card stand out. I love the colors and of course the image!

Kim Dellow said...

Fabulous card, the little birds are very cute. Kim

Cheryl said...

Cute as can be! Love those bluebirds.

debby4000 said...

Fabulous Tilda card and I love the blue birds.
luv
Debby

Bev said...

What a fabulous card, such gorgeous papers and colours and those little birds are so adorable! Thanks so much for joining us this week x