Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Some Challenges

Good Afternoon,

Today is just flying by! I had intended to post this card earlier as I made it this morning but I'm only now getting to it. Hope you're having a good and productive day!

I created this card using the sketch at Sketch and Stash and then added some rose accents to fit the ABC Challenge of R is for roses.

I like the way this turned out but I really don't love it. I think it's too plain, it needs something else, but I'm not sure what. And I didn't have time this morning to figure it out. Maybe later!

The image is a Sugar Nellie and has been colored with Copic markers. The papers are SU! Parisian Breeze and some Kraft, Baja, and Chocolate card stock to match. The accents are wide grosgrain ribbon, brads, felt flowers, and paper roses. I'm loving these roses, but am running out, what will I do?! I think I need to start hording them!

So there's the card, pretty simple, I think that's why I'm not crazy about it. Hope to have some crafting time tomorrow and to be able to join in some more challenges. Have a great night! Happy Stamping! :)

19 comments:

Becky said...

I like the clean LO Denise, I love the colour combo too and such a pretty image!
Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch and Stash!
Love Becky xx

cats whiskers said...

Oh Denise I really love it nothing wrong with it that I can see, and that beautifuk image is perfectly coloured
Hugs Jacqui x

Tracey said...

Such a pretty card Denise! Love it!

Jacilynn said...

Soo Cute! I love your take on this sketch. Great CARd Denise!

maddy hill said...

ohhhhhh browns and blues i love the combo ! fab card Denise !
maddy x

Alex said...

Beautiful card Denise, I love the blues and browns together! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Stef H said...

i don't see it needs anything more. it absolutely stunning!

hugs,

strawberry fields said...

Gorgeous card....I really like the simplicity of it and the colours you've used.
Fiona x

Denise said...

Very sweet card!

Anonymous said...

I can't see anything wrong with your card sweetie, you have coloured your image perfectly and the colour combo is gorgeous. hugs rachxx

Tasha said...

Gorgeous card Denise - im loving the colours they look fab together and i adore your colouring of the cute image. The flowers and ribbon are gorgeous too
love tasha xx

Erin... said...

It's beautiful as always Denise!!! Maybe it needs a charm???? Do you know anyone who has some??? hehehe :)
I love it, the papers are my fav and the image is colored perfectly!

Lauren said...

So pretty! Great colors Denise.

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Denise. Love the image and the fabulous colouring. Hugs Michele x

Helen said...

Gorgeous card - love the colour combo!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Jill said...

beautiful card Denise I don't think it needs anything it looks gorgeous your colouring is so wonderful it takes over the card. thanks for joining in the fun at sketch n stash hugs Jill xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Denise. Thanks for joining in the ABC challenge this week.

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise!! What a really fun layout!! Love the flowers you've put on this one!! :)

Cathy said...

Fabulous card Denise and a great take on the sketch. I love the colours.
Thank you for joining in the Sketch and Stash, and ABC challenge.
Cathy xx