Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Little Girl in Blue

Happy Wednesday!

Yay, another week almost half over and the weekend quickly approaching! Hope you are having a good day. It's another heat wave day here, too hot to play outside so we stayed in and played. I got to stamp too!

This is a card I created using my new Sugar Nellie Little Goth Girl. Funny, when I ordered her, I just liked the cute little size of her and her pose. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why she was named goth girl. Then I got her in the mail and saw her little skull and cross bones hair clip! Too cute, she's going to make a perfect Halloween stamp!

I used some Copics to color the image and added glitter and gel pen highlights. The papers are BasicGrey Off Beat with Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, and White. I added some pearls, chipboard hearts, and Prima and felt flowers as my accents.

This card fits the challenges at:
The Pink Elephant: sketch challenge
Stamp with Fun: Pearls
Creative Card Crew: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Roses on Paper: Hearts

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you have a nice night! Happy stamping. :)

Don't forget, there's still time to enter the Whimsy Stamps Design Team call....please click HERE for more information....

14 comments:

LINANNA DESIGNS said...

Hello hunny, wow what a gorgeous card, i love this image. Thank you for joining in with our challenge this week, and good luck, hugs Linda x

Juls said...

great! I love the colours and the pearls you have used!

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

She is adorable! I think the skull and crossbones would have made an excellent touch though, ;) Love the colors too! Very pretty!

PaperCrafty said...

Adorable!! Love the image & colors. Thanks for playing with us at TPE!!

Ann said...

Fabulous image - love the idea of a skull and crossbone hairclip and of course it can be disguised as you have done when you don't need it.

A great card.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Michele said...

Gorgeous card Denise. Love the image you've used and the colours aslo. Hugs Michele x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

All Pink girl said...

Wow beautiful card ,fabulous colours
love it
hugs Dawnxxx

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

So very sweet Denise!! I love your layout and those blue pearls are perfect!! So pretty!! ;)

Desire Fourie said...

This is gorgeous Denise. Love the unusual and striking colours.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Desire

tina46 said...

wow wonderful card !!! great colours !! thanks for joining in our challenge.
big hugs tina46
swf-team

Sharon said...

Love your card Denise. A fab colour combo and beautifully coloured image. I adore that little heart in the corner; such a great finishing touch.
Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Sharon xx

Tasha said...

Lovely card - fab colours and layout
Thank you for joining in the Creative Card Crew Challenge
love tasha xx

Tina said...

love that blue & brown & that beautiful coloring. :) thanks for creating with us at tpe!