Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Little Girl in Blue

Happy Wednesday!

Yay, another week almost half over and the weekend quickly approaching! Hope you are having a good day. It's another heat wave day here, too hot to play outside so we stayed in and played. I got to stamp too!

This is a card I created using my new Sugar Nellie Little Goth Girl. Funny, when I ordered her, I just liked the cute little size of her and her pose. I couldn't for the life of me figure out why she was named goth girl. Then I got her in the mail and saw her little skull and cross bones hair clip! Too cute, she's going to make a perfect Halloween stamp!

I used some Copics to color the image and added glitter and gel pen highlights. The papers are BasicGrey Off Beat with Stampin' Up! Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, and White. I added some pearls, chipboard hearts, and Prima and felt flowers as my accents.

This card fits the challenges at:
The Pink Elephant: sketch challenge
Stamp with Fun: Pearls
Creative Card Crew: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Roses on Paper: Hearts

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you have a nice night! Happy stamping. :)

Don't forget, there's still time to enter the Whimsy Stamps Design Team call....please click HERE for more information....

14 comments:

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hello hunny, wow what a gorgeous card, i love this image. Thank you for joining in with our challenge this week, and good luck, hugs Linda x

Juls said...

great! I love the colours and the pearls you have used!

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

She is adorable! I think the skull and crossbones would have made an excellent touch though, ;) Love the colors too! Very pretty!

Sheri Gilson said...

Adorable!! Love the image & colors. Thanks for playing with us at TPE!!

Annie said...

Fabulous image - love the idea of a skull and crossbone hairclip and of course it can be disguised as you have done when you don't need it.

A great card.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Denise. Love the image you've used and the colours aslo. Hugs Michele x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise,i love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow beautiful card ,fabulous colours
love it
hugs Dawnxxx

Anonymous said...

So very sweet Denise!! I love your layout and those blue pearls are perfect!! So pretty!! ;)

Desire Fourie said...

This is gorgeous Denise. Love the unusual and striking colours.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Desire

Anonymous said...

wow wonderful card !!! great colours !! thanks for joining in our challenge.
big hugs tina46
swf-team

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Love your card Denise. A fab colour combo and beautifully coloured image. I adore that little heart in the corner; such a great finishing touch.
Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
Sharon xx

Tasha said...

Lovely card - fab colours and layout
Thank you for joining in the Creative Card Crew Challenge
love tasha xx

Unknown said...

love that blue & brown & that beautiful coloring. :) thanks for creating with us at tpe!