Friday, July 10, 2009

Stamp Something Pink, Green, and Yellow

Morning All and happy Friday!

I can't believe another week is over, time is flying by! I'm actually not at all sorry to see this week final end though, it's been another rainy one here in NH. Hopefully the weekend will bring some sunshine!

We have a new challenge today over on Stamp Something and it's a color challenge. We want to see you make something using the colors pink, green, and yellow. We have a great blog candy prize donated by our new sponsor Peachy Keen Stamps. They also generously donated some stamps for the design team to use in our samples this week.

This is my card using this sweet happy face flower. The photo is a bit darker than I would like because when I tried to enhance it, everything got way too bright and the colors looked horrible. So, orginal is how it's staying!

The card stock is all SU! in Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, and So Saffron. I also used some SU! and BasicGrey designer papers in pinks and yellows. The image has been colored with Copics and placed in a scalloped circle frame. This layout is from Truly Scrumptious this week, however to enter the challenge I would have had to use black, white, and another color. So sadly, this card doesn't qualify, but I just loved the sketch and had to give it a try. I embellished with various grosgrain ribbons, Prima flowers, a button, and a couple brads. This card does also fit the challenge of children cards at Stamp with Us.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you'll join us in stamping something pink, green, and yellow this week. Have a great weekend! Happy stamping! :)

17 comments:

Rach said...

a fabulous card Denise, love that sweet image that you have used. gorgeous. hugs rachxx

Anonymous said...

OMG!! That image is just darling!! I love the fun colors to go with it!! Beautiful job on the sketch too Denise!! :)

Ruth M said...

Such a pretty, cheery card! Love those colours together!

Anonymous said...

Love the color combo and the image is adorable!

Lynn said...

Super cute! Love those little smiling flower images! Your papers and embellishments are perfect too!

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Denise,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Erin... said...

So pretty Dennise! Love that paper with the cute little image!!! Bring on the sun!!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh my! What a sweet and colorful card Denise!
Very pretty!

Ann said...

SO cute! Totally made me smile! :)

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Super cute! Let's hope it keeps the sun up around here :)

Lainee said...

Very sunshiney and bright. I love it especially as here it is all gloom and darkness.

Mina said...

wow this is gorgeous Denise, I love this happy image and those beautiful bright colours
Mina xxx

Marcea said...

I love what you have done with your card. Really pretty colours. Shame you couldn't enter the challenge but I agree it is a great sketch
-x-

Sandra Korten said...

It's raining again over here in the Netherlands so this card made my day! Love it. Love the stamp!
Sandra :-)

Lisa H. said...

Fabulously sweet! love the layout and of course the image, they just make me smile.

Kevin Renz said...

Denise,

An awesome card... so very cute!

Sara said...

Great colour combo and such a cheery card. Love it. Sara xx