Monday, July 6, 2009

Whimsy Birthday Challenge

Hi All!

Hope your Monday is going well and the work day is over for you. I've had a busy day catching up from the long weekend. Hope you all enjoyed the 4th of July and had some fun! We never did see any fireworks, but the sun was shining so no complaints here!

I have a card to share today for the new challenge at Whimsy Stamps Challenges. This week our theme is anything birthdays! I also added in a couple other challenges with this card. My image is Whimsy Turtle, colored with Copics and highlighted with a gel pen and some Stickles.

The sketch/layout is from Lili of the Valley challenge. I love this sketch, very easy to use. My papers are SU! Bravo Burgundy and Baja Breeze with some patterned paper by Fancy Pants Designs. I stitched the edges with my sewing machine and also put some stitching on the ribbons to hold them together. I'm not the world's best seamstress, so my stitching isn't exactly straight! The stitching though fits with the challenge of a "Stitch in Time" from Cute Card Thursday. The final accents are some Prima flowers and button centers, which fit the button challenge at Charisma Cardz. And final the challenge at The Next Level is buttons and bows of which I have both. The sentiment is from SU! Short and Sweet.

Thanks for stopping by today, if you're up for a challenge, head on over to Whimsy Challenges and join us in our Birthday Challenge! Happy stamping! :)

20 comments:

Bev said...

What a fabulous card sweetie, love the cute image. Fabulous colours and papers too. x

yyam said...

Such a delightful card! Love the image and the choice of colors! :)

Rach said...

fabulous Denise, love this sweet image, great details and papers. hugs rachxx

Michele Roos said...

Oh what a fabulous card Denise. Love this cute image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

cats whiskers said...

Fabulous card love that colour scheme and your great image coloured so beautifully, so pleased you lioked the sketch dear as It was my first effort, thanks for joining LOTV
Hugs Jacqui x

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, I love the papers you've used and such a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.

Jan x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Totaly fabulous card ,love the cute image and the colours you have used xxx
Thank you so much for joining this weeks challenge over at
The Next Level.
Hugs Dawn+Annxxxx

Anonymous said...

Adorable card.

raindropecho said...

Oh this card is just too cute! Of course it doesn't hurt that all your stamps are so great :D I love those darker flowers and the ribbons are just precious!

Leanne said...

Fantastic card - i love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Charisma - good luck!
Leanne
xx

Elaine said...

Fantastic, Denise!

Kevin Renz said...

I love that turtle and all those flowers.

Deanna said...

Super cute, congrats on the DT! Look forward to working with you!

Erin... said...

So pretty Denise!! Love that patterned paper and yummy colors!!! Thanks for playing with us at LOTV this week!!!

Kim Dellow said...

Oh so cute :) Lovely colours. Kim

Unknown said...

Beautiful card my friend! You know how I love that turtle!!!!
Thanks for joining us @ "The Next Level"!
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Denise, he's such a cutie!! I really love the papers in the background and the layout is fabulous!! :)

Debbie said...

A fabulous card Denise, the paper is gorgeous and I love the pretty flower details. Debbie x

Lynn said...

Fabulous! Love the way you colored this and the papers you've used...perfect!