Monday, October 26, 2009

Reindeer Ornament Card

For the Whimsy Blog Stroll, please click HERE

Good Morning!

Hope you all had a nice weekend. It rained here one day so I got some crafting done and then we just spent time as a family. Now it's back to the grind! Hope you have a great day ahead!

I have a card to share with you today that I created using the sketch from Whimsy Challenges. I also made my image piece removable as a paper Christmas tree ornament.

The image is the new Whimsy Reindeer from our Animals Collection. I've colored him with Copics and then added a little highlighting with a white gel pen. I created snow with chunky glitter and dazzling diamond dust. The image was framed with circle Nesties and then I punched a hole with the Cropadile and added an eyelet and ribbon for hanging.

The papers are BasicGrey Eskimo Kisses with some yummy satin ribbon. I also added a snowflake charm. The edges have been distressed using the edge of scissors. This card also fits the challenges at:

Daring Cardmakers - These are a few of my favorite things - the papers and ribbon
BasicGrey Challenges - use BG and the colors red, green, blue
LaLa Land - sparkle

Thanks for dropping by today! Happy Stamping! :)

18 comments:

Mina said...

I love this great image Denise made me smile...stunning colouring
Mina xxx

Lynda said...

OMG that reindeer made me smile - he is the funniest and best I've seen yet! A fantastic card. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week.

Lynda xxx

Kathy said...

Lovely card - I hope you had fun playing along with The Daring Cardmakers this week

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card. I love the reindeer image. He looks like fun.

Anonymous said...

TEE!! This little guy cracks me up!! I love it!! Your take on the Whimsy sketch is awesome Denise!! Love that yummy ribbon too!! Have a great day!! HUGS

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous Denise,I love what you have done with this cute image,Hugs Debbie x

Erin... said...

so adorable Denise!! great idea to add the ornament. i can't wait for that yummy paper!!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic reindeer. I love it. :)

Vanessa.

Debbie Gemmell said...

he is super cute...love it! Debbie

Justine said...

What an adorable, whimsical and super fun image Denise. I love him

Deb said...

fantastic card and such a fabulous idea to create a tree ornament from it too! hugs Debx

Maureen said...

So clever to have the removable ornament! Thanks for joining us again at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Love the way you created an ornament out of the main image and made it removeable! Thank you for joining us this week at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge! xx Jane

Irina Blount said...

Cute, cute, cute!! Thank you so much for playing along at La-La Land Crafts Challenge!!
Hugs!!
:) Irina

cats whiskers said...

Great fun image hun, and wow those papers are a perfect match
Hugs Jacqui x

Desire Fourie said...

Love the cute reindeer and its such a great idea to use the image as a Xmas tree decoration.
Hugs
Desire

Marcea said...

lol, this image is so funny - I love it hun
-x-

Alex said...

*smile*
cool image! It remembered me that I did the same as I was a child - and had soooooo much fun with it!
Also like the paper and the Scetch of this card!
Hugs, Alex