Thursday, October 15, 2009

Winter Fun

Hi All!

Happy Thursday! Another week just flying on by, where does the time go? I've been busy with stuff around the house and errands, but I made some time this morning to squeeze in some stamping!

I wanted to make a card just for the sake of making a card. It was nice to stamp for fun! I did use a few challenges for some inspiration though.

I wanted to make a holiday card now that I have this fabulous Eskimo Kisses paper from BasicGrey. You can get some too at Paper Maniac! I just love the pretty colors and they match really well with some of the SU! cardstocks. I used Razzleberry, white, and Pink.

I've embossed the white layer with my snowflakes folder and then added some shimmer with my clear Spica glitter pen. It's not very easy to see in the photo though. I've distressed all the edges of the paper to fit the challenge at Charisma Cardz. I love distressing, so this challenge was right up my alley. The layout is from this week's Our Creative Corner challenge.

I embellished with a felt die cut snowflake, some Prima flowers and gems, and some hemp twine and a snowflake charm. The sentiment is from SU! and I've framed it with my oval and window punches. This card also fits the challenges at Creative Card Crew, to use scallops, Everybody Art Challenge to use punches, LaLa Land which is winter and Christmas, and Whiff of Joy challenges to use a WOJ image and dies cuts.

Thanks for stopping by today, hope you have a great afternoon. I'm off to clean up the house now, fun times! Happy stamping! :)

28 comments:

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Very pretty card Denise, love the colour combo and the embossing it looks fab.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Tasha said...

Wow another fabulous crd Denise love the embossing and the ribbon tabs!
love tasha xx

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous Denise I just love the colour combo,Hugs Debbie x

Moni said...

Stunning card and so love the colour combo! Cute image and love all details! Hugs, moni

Erin... said...

So pretty Denise!!! Love the white embossed layer and that sweet image!! Yummy papers too!! I saw that challenge today as well and thought you'd be entering:)

Anonymous said...

Denise, I LOVE this!! That sweet little Eskimo cutie is colored brilliantly! I love the fun snowflake bouquet you've got going on too!! ;) TFS! HUGS

Unknown said...

This is such a pretty card, lovely colours & papers and such a sweet image.

Thanks so much for joining us at Charisma this week.

Jan xx

Deb said...

such a pretty card, love the darling image and that christmas paper is gorgeous! Glad you managed to squeeze a bit of stamping time into your busy week! hugs Debx

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is really beautiful. Very sweet image, lovely colors and lots of yummy details. So happy you could join us at the OCC sketch challenge this week. Hope to see you back again with us next week!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

What a pretty card, Denise! So soft and pretty! Thank you for playing along with us at La-La Land Crafts! xx Jane

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty card Denise. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hope you're keeping well. Hugs Michele x

cats whiskers said...

Oh Denise this is just adorable, fabuilous colours and awesome colouring
Hugs Jacqui x

Desire Fourie said...

Yes, its sometimes nice to have just a little bit of freedom and let those creative juices flow. Love the design and all the beautiful details.
Hugs
Desire

JazzyH said...

Pretty!

Lori Rider said...

Great card - these are lovely colors for Christmas! Your image is wonderful too. Thanks so much for playing the OCC sketch challenge!

Sally said...

Stunning card. Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz.

Unknown said...

Hi, Denise! Pretty card here! Super cute image and I love that DP! I love the soft colors as well! Thanks so much for playing along at La La Land Crafts!

Kathy said...

Pretty card!! I just adore the big white mat embossed with snowflakes!! That is so pretty and looks pretty with that paper!!
Thanks so much for joining us again at La La Land!
:)Kathy

Paul said...

A great festive project. Thanks for joining in with our Christmas/Winter challenge at La La Land.
TFS
Paul

Kimmi said...

Beautiful Pink Christmas card. I love the image and the flower arrangement with Charm is lovely. Thank you for playing along with us at La La Land Crafts,

Kimmi x

Sue from Oregon said...

Lovely...I love non traditional colored Christmas cards! Thanks for joining us this week at La La Land Crafts!

Karen Brooks said...

Fabulous card! I'm totally digging this card! Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week and playing along with my challenge!!!!

Allison said...

lovely card, very cute
Thanks for playing along at Charisma again this week
AllisonX

Vee said...

Such a fabulous card. Thanks for joining Charisma this week. Good Luck.
xx Vee

Maureen said...

Very pretty! Love the papers and 'bellies! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

Karin said...

Gorgeous card.
love the colours, papers, embossing and cute image.
Thanks for joining LLWWC.

xoxo karin

Nicola said...

Gorgeous card Denise, loving your sweet image and awesome snowflake detail. Your bugging and paper are so pretty and your distressing is simply fabulous.
Thank you for playing along with the Creative Card Crew this week.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Paula said...

This is beautiful Denise i adore the image and all the fabulous detail. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.
Paula xxxx