Hope you're having a good Thursday...it's almost Friday! I have to say that I for one am looking forward to the weekend. It's been a long week with sick kids, school holidays, and lots to do around the house. I'm needing a break!
Today I have a creation to share that I made for my Paper Maniac DT work. All month long the design team will be sharing Holiday ideas using various products from the Paper Maniac store. This is my project for the day...it's an acetate treat box!
I found the tutorial on Splitcoast, it was pretty easy to follow. I just had a bit of trouble getting my acetate to sit still while I scored and folded, slippery little thing! But once it was scored, I was able to stamp some snowflakes on one side and then I folded it up and made the box. I stamped my snowflakes in white Staz-on ink. If you wanted your treat box to keep the contents inside a secret, Paper Maniac carries a beautiful line of premium card stock in metallic and shimmer, I think they would be a beautiful alternative to acetate!
I've used Baja card stock and some SU! designer paper with a snowflake pattern. I've embellished with some eyelets and satin ribbon and then used a scalloped circle punch and a circle punch to do the sentiment on the front and top. The sentiment is from Whimsy Holiday Postmarks at Whimsy Stamps. I filled my box with some Dove chocolates...then I ate a bunch!
And before I leave you today, I wanted to share this fun award I received from my friend Deb. Thanks hun! I haven't gotten an award like this before and it was fun to answer!
I need to pass this award on to five people, post on their blog to let them know I left this award, and then I need to answer a list of questions in ONE word.
So here we go:
1. Where is your cell phone? … purse
2. Your hair? …long
3. Your mother?…generous
4. Your father?… big teddy bear
5. Your favorite food? … chocolate
6. Your dream last night?… unknown
7. Your favorite drink? … Gingerale
8. Your dream/goal?… living it
9. What room are you in?… office/craftroom
10. Your hobby?… stamping
11. Your fear?… lots
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years?… here, I think
13. Where were you last night? … Home
14. Something that you’re aren’t?… mean
16. Wish list item? … stamps
17. Where did you grow up? … New Hampshire
18. Last thing you did?… emailed
19. What are you wearing?…sweats
20. Your TV?… big
21. Your Pets?…four
22. Friends? … wonderful
23. Your life?… happy
24. Your mood?…lazy
25. Missing Someone?…sometimes
26. vehicle?… Volvo
27. Something your not wearing?… socks
28. Your favorite store? …many
29. Your favorite color?…blue
30. When was the last time you laughed?…last night
31. Last time you cried?…not sure
32. Your best friend?… awesome
33. One place that I go to over and over? …Post Office
34. Facebook?… yes
35. Favorite place to eat?… out
I’d like to pass this award on to the following blog friends:
Erin, Vicki, Janna, Ann, and Laura to choose only 5 is never easy! If you haven't received this award before and would like it, please consider yourself awarded! And, I'm breaking the rules! HA!
Thanks for dropping by today! I'm off to do some laundry and then hopefully stamp! Have a great day, happy stamping! :)