Friday, December 18, 2009

Happy Holidays

Good Morning!

It's finally Friday! Thank goodness because this week really just needs to be over! I have lots to do this weekend to get ready for Christmas, but it should be a fun weekend. Just what I need too! Hope you have a great weekend too!


Today I have my typical two card Friday post to share! My first card is for our challenge at Just Magnolia. This week we have a sketch from our very talented Mina. This challenge will also be the last one for 2009! We hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and we'll be back in the new year with lots of new challenges and Magnolia creations to share!

For this card I was going for a vintage/distressed look with lots of pretty texture and embellishments. I used some BasicGrey Wassail papers and took my scissors to the edges. The image was colored with Copics and highlighted with a white gel pen. I also added white gel pen doodles to create some faux stitching. I finished this card off with some ribbon and a charm and beads, Prima flowers and roses sprayed with glimmer mist and a couple of chipboard hearts.

This card also fits the challenges at:
Pile It On!: Chip Chip - to use chipboard
Roses on Paper: Cranberry, Hunter Green and/or Gold


My next card is for the last challenge of 2009 at Stamp Something. We are sharing our holiday somethings this week and we like to see yours too! The challenge is simple, anything holiday will do! You will have two weeks to enter and we'll be back in 2010 with a new team too!

This week we have a new sponsor Digital Ink Co. My hubby and I have been working with Digital Ink for a few months now creating some digital images, we design under the name Whimsy Design Studio. Digital Ink is a wonderful shop for all things digital! They have a huge variety of digital stamps and some digital scraps as well! They donated some images and a gift certificate as blog candy for this challenge. So be sure to stop by Stamp Something and check out this challenge and the DT samples.

My card uses one of my hubby's creations, Holiday Wreath. I've colored it with Copics and then added some Spica Glitter pen accents. The papers are My Minds Eye with red and green card stock from SU!. I finished with some sticky pearls, ribbon, and a piece of hemp twine tied and adorned with pearls.

Thanks for stopping over today. I hope you have a great day and a wonderful weekend. Happy stamping! :)

9 comments:

Jane said...

Gorgeous cards Denise, I love all the flowers on your Magnolia one and that heart charm is gorgeous! hugs Jane xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful cards Denise Lynn,i love your images and colours.
So gorgeous papers and flowers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! I just ADORE your Tilda card!! Beautiful details hun!! I think your wreath card is sooo very pretty and the papers are so yummy!! :) Hope you have an excellent weekend!! HUGS

☼ Cheryl* said...

Lovely cards, Denise!
I love the vintage look you've gone for on the 1st card.

Lexxie said...

Wow, what beautiful cards! They are both really lovely,
Love Sarita xx

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely stunning creations Denise. Wishing you and your loved ones a blessed festive season.
Hugs
Desire

Crissy Armstrong said...

Both cards are fantastic. I love the deep colors on the Mangolia one and the pearl accents on the wreath one. You are so talented!

Minxy said...

Hi Denise,
Just wanted to stop by to say how absolutly adorable i thin kyour magnolia card is, i especially love the heart touches in amoungst the flowers :)
Happy Crimbo
hugs minxy

Larissa said...

Such a gorgeous card Denise! Love that background and Tilda is so very sweet.

Hugs,
Larissa