Monday, January 17, 2011

For a Friend

Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a great weekend. It's a long weekend here in the States and so the kids and I are enjoying the day together. Back to business as usual tomorrow though.

I wanted to make a special card for a special friend today so I took out some new papers and some of my Whimsy Stamps and got to work. Last week an amazing package of papers arrived at my door from my wonderful friend Crystal! Thank you SO much sweetie, I love them all!

This image is Valerie's Gift illustrated by Crissy Armstrong. I've colored her with Copics to match these beautiful BG Hopscotch papers. I then used some flowers, a lacy doily, and sticky pearls to embellish the card. The sentiment is from Friendship Tickets also available at Whimsy and I cut it with the Ticket Die.

This card fits at the challenges:
Corrosive Challenges - Lace and Pearls
Creative Cowgirls - Turquoise and or Brown
I Did It Creations - Brr I'm turning blue
Let's Ink It Up - NO DIGI and Anything Goes
Scrappy Frogs - use a Sentiment
2 Sisters - flowers
BasicGrey - BG ITEM and dots & spots
Copic Creations - anything new plus Copics
Craft Your Days Away - anything goes

Thanks for dropping by today. Hope you have a great rest of your Monday!

17 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous sweetie, the colours are great and the image is really super sweet, big hugs love pops x x x

Gina said...

Ooow! This is sooo pretty :D Thank you for joining us at Crative Cowgirls XXX

Poppet said...

A beautiful card Denise, the papers are gorgeous as is you wonderfully coloured image. The flowers and doily add great texture and dimension to the card.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Creative Cowgirls Challenge. :-) xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful colour combo, gorgeous image coloured to perfection. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU, Suzanne x

Sarah said...

Wow Denise, this is fabulous, I love the colours and those papers are just gorgeous, I want them! Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Days Away for our first challenge of 2011, good luck xxx

Tracey said...

This is a gorgeous card Denise!! Beautiful colouring!! xx

debby4000 said...

What a cute, gorgeous card Denise.
luv
Debby

Rach said...

what a gorgeous card Denise, fab papers and an adorable image.xx

Lou said...

Hi! this is such a special card,your colours/colouring just so lovely with the papers.
thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenge,hugs Lou.xx

Crystal said...

AWWW Denise she is just BEAUTIFUL!!! STUNNING colors and CREATION!!!! You are such a sweetheart I am sooo happy you are enjoying your papers...You are the best girl!!!

Barbara said...

What a precious card, Denise. I love all the details that you included and the image is darling. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cowgirls challenge this week. Hugs XX

Jane Wetzel said...

Simply adorable! Glad u joined us at Copic Creations!

Jovita AKA Tia Goofy said...

such a sweet card, great colouring. thanks for joining us at Creative Cowgirls :>

Jeanette said...

Such a sweet and feminine card. Thanks for joining us at I Did It Creations.

tiggertastic said...

the colours are just like candy, so pretty and your colouring is perfect


Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Agnieszka M said...

Denise, your card is very beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at LIIU this month and good luck!
Hugs Agnieszka

Kleeblatt said...

Wonderful card. I like your image and the colors, the flowers too. Thanks for the playing by Creative Cowgirls. Good luck.

Monika