Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hippo Love

This post is a bit late in the day for me, but I just had to share my new Gina K Designs stamps. This is the hippo from the Just So Hippy set. Ain't she cute! :)

This card is 5x5 Blue Bayou with sponged edges and a flower stamped border. Then I layered on Black with white gel pen faux stitching, then Soft Sky DSP. The final layer is Bayou with the main image stamped on watercolor paper. I have to say, I really like my coloring better on this paper. Much easier to blend than on regular cardstock. I added photo corners, ribbon and a flower slide, and the circle sentiment as the final accents. The Rose Red felt flower was for a splash of color. The main image is water colored with an aquapainter and re-inkers. For the grass, I used a black marker and hand drew the blades and then water colored the green area.

Thanks for looking, hope you all had a great Thursday. Happy Stamping! :)

8 comments:

Samantha Esqueda said...

OMGosh- I don't know how you do it- but I really think every card you make gets cuter and cuter!!!

Maren said...

WOW!! This is so fantastic!!!! love the addition of the buckle and flower! SO CUTE!!

Alex said...

How stinkin' adorable Denise!! I love that hippo! The colors you used and all the added details are wonderful - great card! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Erin... said...

soooo cute!!! love the grass. and what a cute hippo!!

Diane said...

Love that hippo he's too cute!!!
You did a great job!!

Sandy said...

Oh what a lovely hippo. So cute card.

Jo said...

Oh she's so cute Denise!! Fab card and I love that ribbon slide you've used :)

Andrea, said...

Such a cute card, love the hippo