Friday, July 9, 2010

2 Recipes

Happy Friday All!

Boy has this been one HOT week here in New Hampshire! It's been hard to get anything done outside or play outside, but I have gotten caught up on crafting while enjoying the A/C. Hoping for a bit of a cool down soon. I love the summer, but humid and near 100 degrees every day is sure taking it's toll.


This week I have my double card Friday post to share my Just Magnolia and Stamp Something challenge cards. And funny enough, both challenges this week are recipes. First I have my JM card using our recipe of 3 flowers, 2 papers, and 1 ribbon and of course a Magnolia image.

I reached for an older Magnolia this week since many of my stamps have been neglected lately. I've colored this Lollipop Tilda with Copics and added some CE to the lollipop to make it appear glossy. I then cut Tilda out and adhered her to the oval nestie with a swiss dot back ground. The papers are DCWV from the Sweet Stack and I've stitched all the edges. I've embellished with ribbon, flowers, and hemp twine with a birthday sentiment from Whimsy Stamps.

This card also fits the challenges at:
Creative Card Crew: dies (I used Nesties and a punch for the tags)
Incy Wincy Designs: punches
Sentimental Sundays: Celebrations


Next is my card using the SS recipe of 1 paper, 1 image, and 1 ribbon. You are welcome to add other elements, but please do follow the recipe.

I went for a more simple card with the one layer of paper and I used an image that I had colored a while ago and never did anything with. The paper is BG Koishi and I've used a Martha Stewart punch on the corners and then framed the image with Nesties. I used a piece of lace ribbon and then added some pearls and flowers to finish off this card.

This one fits at these challenges:
Delightful Challenges: Summer Time Colors
Little Red Wagon: Nestabilities

Thanks for stopping by this hot Friday! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Happy Stamping,

18 comments:

Tracey said...

WOW Denise!! These are both gorgeous cards!! Your colouring is always incredible!! xx

Crystal said...

OOOO Denise I LOVE the colors on both of these....You sure did pick some cute cute images!!! ADORABLE cards!

Rosalien Zwackhalen said...

Beautiful cards Denise, a specially the last one. Love that imgae too. Great colouring.
thanks for playing with DC.

Rosalien

Karen said...

Ooooh really lovely, it's sooooo pretty too, thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
xx

Riet said...

Beautiful cards Denise,i love the images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Cec said...

Very pretty cards with beautiful colouring and embellishments. Thanks for joing us at Delightful Challenges.
Hugs!
Cec

Anita said...

Amazing cards! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Denise
Both cards are gorgeous,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenges,
Hugs Dianne xx

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful cards, love the stitching on the first one. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays.

raindropecho said...

Aww these are super cute, Denise! Love both of them :) Thanks for joining the challenge at Sentimental Sundays this week!

- Ann

Annika said...

So beautiful! Love that BG paper and the punched corners, gorgeous colouring!
Hugs
Annika

Unknown said...

Denise, these are just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges - Good luck!
hugs,
Gini

Teresa said...

These are sooooo cute Denise.
Luv Teresa x

Karen Hanim said...

Just found your blog by blog hopping around some. How fun your cards are! I love the first little girl sitting on the oval as if it was a swing! And how fun to read that you were in New Hampshire. I am wondering where exactly. I lived in Rochester for 7 years (98-05) and am now back in Istanbul Turkey. So great to be able to follow all the new things people are doing with cards via the internet!!

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow Beautiful card! Love your Tilda! What a great job in coloring!
Denise

Unknown said...

Hi Denise,

You made two very beautiful cards! Love Tilda!

Hugs,
Renata

Stampin Mindy said...

Hi Denise! Both of these cards are amazing I love both stamps and those gorgeous flowers. Your color combos are beautiful. Hugs!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Two super-yummy cards. Both completely charming with lots of gorgeous details, layering and stitching. Your cards never disappoint, Denise! So happy you could have some fun with us at the Creative Card Crew this week.