Thursday, July 29, 2010

Text Only

Good Morning All!

Happy Thursday to you! Hope you're having a great day. I'm looking forward to Friday and the weekend. It's been a good week, but a busy one and I need a break. We did have a fun play date yesterday though, so big thanks to Erin for having us over and getting us out of the house!

Today I have a card to share for my final guest spot at Cute Card Thursday. I'd like to thank everyone for having me, but especially Deb for asking and inviting me to join this amazing team for the last month. I had a great time!

The challenge this week is Text Crazy! The challenge of this challenge is to use text/sentiments as the main focal point of your creation. You can add images, but please be sure the Text is what is really the focus of your creation.

At first I was really sweating this challenge, I never use text and no images on my cards. Yikes! But then I remembered all the fun Letter Seal sentiments we released at Whimsy Stamps and I was on my way. These new sentiment sets are perfect for expressing your thoughts and also a perfect size for a text only card. This is one of the Letter Seals from the Birthday Letter Seals set created by our super talented Ann Vento of Raindrop Echo Designs.

I've gone with a white and red color combo and used some DCWV paper from the Sweet Stack. The base layer of white was embossed with the Swiss Dots CB folder and I used Circle Nesties to frame the image. I've embellished simply with sticky gems on the corners and some white dot doodles on the red layers.

Thanks for dropping by today. I'll be back tomorrow with my project for the Just Magnolia and Stamp Something challenges. Have a great day!

Happy Stamping,

8 comments:

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Love the clean, sweet and simple design!!

Tkat said...

wow!!!! this card screams -- gorgeousness!!! i love all the embossing...and the dots -- it looks amazing!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

angeleef said...

Such a nice card! Just got a 'text collection' in the mail today, so you gave me some great inspiration here today!! Thank you :)
Have a nice day!
** Evi **

Crystal said...

OOOOO Denise this is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE the colors and embossing beautiful design!! I LOVE how you used this sentiment!!!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Denise-Lynn.

Hugs Riet.xx

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Wow, your card is wonderful! Gorgeous!

Hugs Ida:o)

Crafty Tam said...

Beautiful card, who would have thought text could look this good? I love your colour scheme and the embossing.

Hugs

Tammy xx

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very cute!!