Friday, July 2, 2010

Fly Your Flag Colors

Happy Friday!

Hope you've had a great week! I am so happy today is Friday and that it's a long holiday weekend. This has been one crazy week!


I should be sharing two cards today, but unfortunately with the utter chaos of my day yesterday, I didn't get my Just Magnolia card finished. I may have it for you this weekend though. The challenge this week is our special monthly challenge to make a criss cross card. The sponsor is Simon Says Stamp, so head on over and check it out!

I do have my Stamp Something card to share using our challenge of "Colors of Your Flag". We have 6 new DT members and we thought it would be fun to have a challenge that also helps us get to know where everyone is from.

This is my creation using the colors of the USA flag of red, white, and blue! I've used this sweet SCACD image that I received for my birthday from my dear friend Erin. Thanks Erin, I love her! She's been colored with Copics. The papers are SU! with blue and white card stock. I've stitched all the edges with the sewing machine and then embellished with flowers, star brads, and ribbon.

This card also fits at:
Sunday Sketch and Stamp: sketch
Charisma Cardz: Metal Mickey

Thanks for stopping by today. Have a great Friday!

Happy Stamping,

11 comments:

Random Acts of Krafting said...

A super cute card!
Hugs
Tanya

Erin... said...

You're welcome!!! She looks gorgeous!!!!!! Wonderful card, such great papers! Have a happy and safe 4th.

Tracey said...

Absolutely gorgeous Denise! Your colouring is beautiful!! xx

Bonita Rose said...

Ohhhhh love that trim u used, What a fabulous card.. so happy to be on the STAMP SOMETHING TEAM with you.. hugs to you xooo and hv a happy and fun weekend! xo bonnierose in Fargo USA

Annika said...

What a lovely stamp - you lucky girl! Gorgeous papers and beautiful colouring. Adore those star brads!!
Hugs
Annika

Alex said...

This is DARLING Denise, I love the colors you all are doing these week, and your layout is fabulous!! I hear ya on chaos, with the kids home, I just cannot seem to stay on task, lol!! Have a great weekend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Riet said...

So beautiful card Denise-Lynn,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Deb said...

beautiful card Denise, so love the way you used the patriotic colours, it looks amazing, love the image too, I bought that one recently too! have a fabulous weekend, hugs Debx

Claire said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Denise - thanks for playing along this time with SS&S. Hugs, Claire x

Faye said...

This is a real beauty. Thanks so much for playing at Charisma. x

Tracey Feeger said...

Wow this is simply fabulous. Love the image and the flowers look special. Great job. Wonderful inspiration.
mwah
Trace