Friday, December 14, 2007

December Stamp Club Projects

Hello,

I held my monthly stamp club meeting last night and wanted to share a couple of the projects that we made. These projects would make great holiday gifts and are simple and inexpensive to create. By the way, club was a blast! Thanks to the girls who attended, it's always fun to stamp with you guys! :)

The first project is an acetate treat box filled with candy. After cutting and scoring the acetate, I stamped snowflakes in white StazOn ink and then put the boxes together. I made a topper from a scrap piece of paper, then filled the boxes with candy, closed it up and punched holes using the cropadile, and finally, tied ribbon to hold it closed.

I made one with Peppermint Patties covered with a scalloped punch circles and stamped images and the other treat box is filled with Nuggets wrapped in Dashing Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up!. For more ideas for using the nugget candies, visit this link on SCS. You could use pretty much any kind of candy you like to fill these boxes.

I found the idea for the acetate boxes on Lauren's blog. She has a great pattern and instructions for making these treat boxes. She also has some beautiful examples posted on her blog. If you don't have acetate you can also use cardstock.

The other project I wanted to share is a stamped candle and matching tile coaster. For a tutorial on stamped tiles, check out my Tutorial posted this past Monday on my blog and for instructions on stamping on candles visit this link at SCS. This project is super easy!



12 comments:

Dawn♥ said...

WOW what great gifts for the lucky people whom receive these! Love them!

Just me said...

Fun projects. I bet there were lots of smiles at the table.

kathy said...

Wow some lucky people are getting those. They are adorable.

Maren said...

Love the projects! How fun for your members!

Andrea, said...

Fab gift ideas, the chocs in the bags look great

Erin... said...

Great projects!! I can not wait to do an acetate box!

Anonymous said...

How CUTE!! What great gifts!! Totally LOVE that candle and the tile!! I want one!! :)

Heather said...

Both projects turned out great. I love the matching candle and tile.

Sandy said...

Wow they are great Gifts. Love them.

Maren said...

So wonderful! Thanks for sharing!

kathy said...

Can You say Pats...16-O and Superbowl champs.. Whohoo Party at my house in NC

Lynn said...

Those clear boxes are just the cutest! I saw those on Lauren's blog also and have been thinking I need to make some! Yours turned out great!