Monday, December 17, 2007

Weekly Tutorial - Nugget Tins

This week's tutorial is putting together a simple candy gift idea using Hershey Nuggets Candies and metal tins. I found a great tutorial on SCS, here's the link, if you don't have or can't get the tins in time for the holidays. The SCS tutorial shows you how to make your boxes.

My tutorial will be a quick "how to" using the tins I found at specialtybottle.com. These tins are size code THN8. They cost me approximately $1.35 each with the shipping charges.


Supplies:
Hinged cover metal tin, Hershey Nuggets Candy, printed/designer paper, cutter, adhesive, ribbon, embellishments

How To:
1. Cut your printed paper (for mine I used Dashing DSP from Stampin' Up!) into strips. Each strip will need to be 1 inch X 3 1/4 inches. You will need 12 strips to complete this project.

2. Adhere one strip to each nugget, creating a new sleeve or cover for each piece of candy. You will need 12 nuggets to fill each tin.

3. Once your candies are covered, put them into the metal tin.

4. Wrap the tin with ribbons and add some embellishments. I used a tag with a stamped image and a little hemp twine to attach the tag.



It's really that simple! I plan to leave one for my postman and some for the UPS delivery guys. Just a little something to wish them a Merry Christmas! Quick and easy and very inexpensive!

9 comments:

Dawn♥ said...

OH my heavens these are so cute! And very simple to make. TFS!

Lynn said...

These are so cute! I wish I would have been on the ball and ordered some of those tins. They will make great little gifts! I'm sure your UPS guy will love it!

Teresa said...

I love the idea ! I will be looking for these after the new yr for gifts thru out the yr Thanks

Erin... said...

These came out great Denise!! I'm withholding gifts from the mail guy until my catty arrives!! He'd love these!

April Hall said...

These are totally adorable!

Katie Skiff said...

Thanks Denise...I think I am going to have to order some as well as the new Papertrey set to make these for Vday!

Just me said...

Very cute. I am so glad you posted a place to get them too!

Andrea, said...

These are fab and will be perfect gifts

Cindy Beach said...

These are adorable, what nice gifts to have on hand!
I may have to try this next year, thanks for the tip on the tins.