Friday, December 7, 2007

Whimsical Wednesday Challenges

I’ve decided to add a weekly challenge to my blog in an effort to get others and myself stamping more often. We’re all so busy sometimes that we forget about taking time out for ourselves. Time to do the things we love and enjoy.

Each weekly challenge will be about thinking outside the box and letting loose a little bit and not worrying too much if things aren’t totally perfect. For some of us, ummm ME, this is often very hard to do! So, I’m challenging myself (and you too, if you’re willing) to use a stamp set or tool or color combo or even an embellishment that you’ve never used or haven’t used in a while to create something fun and maybe, if the spirit moves you, even something whimsical!

The best part of a handmade card or other craft project is the freedom the creator has to make it her own. We all have differing tastes, so share yours with us. We can all use a little inspiration. Join me each week for the Whimsical Wednesday Challenge and let those creative juices flow!

I’ll try to post my project on Wednesday mornings. Just don’t hold me to that each week; sometimes my kids dictate my schedule! Please post your creations on your blog or on another public gallery, such as SCS. Then post a comment on my blog with a link to where your challenge project can be viewed so that we may all take a look. Good luck and thanks for participating in the challenge! And remember, have FUN!

Stay tuned for the first Whimsical Wednesday Challenge, posting on December 12th!

8 comments:

Just me said...

That sounds like fun. I cannot wait to play along.

Kate

Andrea, said...

Sounds like a fab idea, I'll add your challenge to my blogroll of challenges

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots of fun!! I'll have to be sure to play! :)

Maren said...

Oh...how fun! I love challenges!

Teresa said...

I will try and do some of these. sounds fun

Katie Skiff said...

This will be fun Denise!! I can't wait to play!!

Heather Huggins said...

This sounds fun. It might make me try something new.

Erin... said...

OOh what a good idea andrea had to make a list of challenges!! Can't wait to try it out!!