Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Whimsical Wednesday Challenge - Week 2

Happy Wednesday Everyone,

Hope this last week before the holidays is going well for all of you. I just finished up some last minute shopping this morning so forgive me for not getting my Challenge posted earlier. I think I'm finally completely done shopping!

This week I was inspired to create a criss cross card after seeing the beautiful card Erin made and posted on her blog. It's a great card with an easy to follow "how-to" posted as well. Check it out!


For my attempt at the criss cross card, I used some Wintergreen and Bali Breeze DSP from Stampin' Up!. Bali Breeze will be available in the new Spring Summer Catalog that comes out in January.

The base of my card is Certainly Celery. I cut 2 pieces, both 5 1/2 inches X 4 1/4 inches. I used one as the card base and then cut the other piece diagonally to use as the criss cross front pieces.

I also cut 2 pieces of DSP. Each piece is 5 inches X 3 3/4 inches. After cutting to that size, I cut each piece diagonally. Because I chose to use two different Designer Prints, I have the 2 left over diagonal pieces to use at a later time. If you choose to use only one double sided piece of DSP, you can just cut one piece to size and then cut it diagonally.

Next, I cut a Whisper White piece of cardstock 5 inches X 3 1/2 inches for the card insert.

Once all my pieces were cut, I glued the DSP to the diagonal criss cross front pieces and then glued the criss cross pieces to the card base and set aside.

For the card front, I used the hippo stamp from Bundled in Love. I used Purely Pomegranate ink and an Aquapainter to color in the hippo. I added a little rhinestone brad to the bow and some glitter to her feet. I think it adds a touch of whimsy!

I attached some ribbon and then glued the hippo image to the card front. Lastly, I embellished with some glitter on the Wintergreen side of the criss cross. I layered the hippo on Celery and Pomegranate cardstock.

For the insert, I added a tab and rhinestone brad and a little stamp "for baby" also from the Bundled in Love stamp set.

Now it's your turn to give this week's challenge a try. Use a different color combo or try a new technique, just put aside some time for yourself and do something you enjoy. Happy Stamping!



13 comments:

Erin... said...

Cute card!! I love the hippo's feet!! It's like she has on snazzy shoes! I have to make some thank you's tonight, criss cross meybe an easy way to go hmmmm...

Maren said...

I love criss cross cards! Wonderful choice of colors...that hippo is adorable!

Elaine said...

I love the colors on this card, those dsps go well together! Criss-cross cards are so fun!

Anonymous said...

This is soo very cute!! Love it! TFS!! :)

My Paper World said...

It looks fantastic! Great colours!

Heather Huggins said...

Very cute!! I love the tab and the bling you've added.

Sandy said...

Oh this is lovely. Great colors. Fabulous card.

Teresa said...

I love the colors on this card!

Andrea, said...

Fab card, that hippo is so cute

Dawn♥ said...

Love that stamped image! LOL! Cute! Gorgeous colors!

Nancy B said...

Love your cris cross card. And the hippo..He's so cute.

PocketsOfInspiration said...

Precious. The colors are great.

Lynn said...

Great card! Love your choice of papers!