Monday, December 3, 2007

A Little Help Please

I was out cruisin' the blog scene this morning looking for some inspiration and I came across a card layout that I liked on Beate's blog from an old sketch challenge she did. She has some really beautiful cards, check out her site sometime!
Anyway, I decided to see what I do with the layout design to make my holiday cards for this year. I've been procrastinating quite a bit and need to get going!
I just got my order of Wintergreen DSP and wanted to be able to use it to avoid having to do a lot of stamping. I need to make about 40 cards and with 2 small children, there's not always a lot of time to get things done!

So, this is what I came up with. I think I might make some minor changes, like adding more Blue Bayou CS and layering the ovals, but other that I'm not sure what else to do or if I should just leave it alone.
I'd love to hear what you all think. Any suggestions or comments would be great! :)



9 comments:

Dawn♥ said...

OM wow you've done a magnificant job on using the sketch! Lovely paper combo as well! Great job!

kathy said...

It looks good how it is but if you wanted to layer the oval it would give it a different look

Maren said...

I like it as is! I love that sketch & color combo! Glad to hear that someone else is behind too! :-)

Erin... said...

Hello--I love it. I can't make it bigger to see detail, but i think it's great. And it always nice when you're doing a lot of cards to have a white base color saves $$ and cuts a little quicker. Is there glitter on it?? I couldn't tell, when in doubt i always add some dazz diamonds!!

Melanie Welch said...

I personally love it....but if you want to make it pop a little more, I would change the order of layers......put your darkest blue last, because your lighter blue is getting lost, and yes I would layer the ovals. I love the colors and layout!! It is a really great card!

Just me said...

This is so pretty and soft. I really like it. I could not imaging cutting and pasting all of those layers for 40 cards, but they would be pretty. I cannot wait to see what you decide to do. Your work is really crisp and pretty. I like it. Glad we are in SBS3 together. I cannot wait to see what you have next.

Kate

Andrea, said...

Gorgeous card the coloours are just fabulous. I look forward to seeing more of your work, I'm glad we are in S3Bs together

Heidi Blankenship said...

Beautiful Christmas card!! I love the color combo & all of the layering! I think the card looks great as it is but if you did want to change it up a bit I would add a touch more of the blue bayou. TFS!!
I look forward to seeing more of your creations!!
Smiles!
Heidi

April Hall said...

Love it just the way it is!