Friday, June 27, 2008

Anything But a Card Somethings!

Happy Friday All!

There's a great new challenge posted on STAMP SOMETHING this morning. It's a very different challenge than what we usually do too. Our very own design team member Melissa created a fabulous "red, white, and blue anything but a card" challenge in honor of the 4th of July!

I will admit this was a tough challenge for me, I always make cards so I had to really think hard about what to make. I decided to raid my stamp closet and this is what I came up with. It's a metal bucket which has been stamped with white Staz-On ink, then ribbon was wrapped around and I hole punched with the Cropadile to thread ribbon through and then finally added a sticky cut star with glitter.

Inside there are wrapped nugget candies and star lollipops. The stars are just paper that I punched with my star punch. The large star is a piece of chipboard cover in DSP. There you have it, a cute little table centerpiece for your holiday BBQ!

Thanks for looking! Hop on over and check out the samples made by the design team and then go on and stamp something, but remember it must be red, white, and blue and no cards allowed! :) Happy Stamping!

Oh and remember too, you have until midnight ET tonight to enter into my blog candy chance, details are in a couple posts below. :)

17 comments:

Erin... said...

Cute Denise!!That big red star will look great in the center of the table!! ANd yummy candy!!

Becky Carafa said...

So cute, Denise! Love the ribbon threaded around the top, and that candy looks yummy!

Jo said...

Fabulous Denise....wouldn't expect anything less from you!! Love the way you've decorated the bucket and the stars are wonderful!

Alex said...

This turned out totally stinkin' cute Denise - you are a natural at this!!! Love, love, love this - girl, you have mad talent!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Emily said...

Denise, this is awesome! I love the ribbon weaved around the top, and the stars look awesome. Perfect centerpiece =).

Lauren said...

Great job with the challenge Denise. These treats are sure to wow anyone!!!

Melissa said...

Woo-hoo! You totally rocked the challenge Denise and I never would have known you struggled with it because it turned out awesome!!!

Many Blessings,
M.

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Very cute! Remember the days when you said "I don't know how you do it???" Those days are long gone! Great job:)

Anonymous said...

Fabulous work, as always, Denise! An adorable arrangement! I love the sparkle on the star too.

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

Wow,this is great.Love it.x

Yana841 said...

WOW Denise this is so cute...

i love your work it's so clean and prefect...

you inspire me all the time

Yana, israel

Lynn said...

Very festive! LOVE it!

PocketsOfInspiration said...

Super cute.

Jessica said...

You are so creative! I love challenges that take us out of our box. You did a wonderful job!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

VERY cute! Love how you used the cropadile to loop the ribbon! :) You've been tagged - check out my blog for details....

Cassie said...

too cute - i think this was a great challenge!!! all I've been making is cards lately!!

Richelle said...

Very cute candy bucket...great party favor.