Friday, June 6, 2008

In the Wild Challenge

Happy Friday! Yay!!

It's time for another challenge on STAMP SOMETHING! This week the theme is "In the Wild!" Make us a project using nature or wildlife stamps, use natural materials, or anything that you can think of that has to do with wildlife.

As a special treat we also have a guest designer this week, Laura Kirste Campbell of Layers of Color. Laura donated a fabulous stamp set for our blog candy too!

This is the card I made for the challenge this week. I used one of the stamp sets available on Layers of Color called Under the Sea. These are awesome clear acrylic stamps which are super easy to use.

I used Groovy Guava cardstock for the base of my card. I used the Swirls embossing folder and my Cuttlebug on the White cardstock layer. I think the swirls are reminiscent of waves.

For the image layer, I used a piece of Groovy Guava cardstock cut out with Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities and dotted with a white gel pen, then added a layer of Blush Blossom cardstock over that. The images are on White cardstock and stamped with guava and blush ink. I added white embossing powder to the mimic pearls on the guava coral. The seahorse image is stamp with guava ink and colored in with a blush marker. I then used a Versamarker and iridescent ice embossing powder to make him shimmer.

The final touches are Sherbet Originals ribbon, a hat pin and beads, and a hodgepodge hardware oval frame with brads. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!'s Short and Sweet set.

Thanks for looking, hope you'll hop on over to STAMP SOMETHING and stamp something wild with us today! Have a great weekend, happy stamping!! :)

20 comments:

Becky Carafa said...

This is beautiful, Denise! I love how you paired the guava and blush, and all the details like the swirls and shimmer.

Lauren said...

Denise - This is stunning! The embossed background is the perfect compliment to the image and colors.

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

You are blessed with a 'sea' of talent, Denise! Really gorgeous!
It's been a treat for me to meet you and become friends. Thank you for everything from the bottom of my heart!
Hugs, Laura

Alex said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Denise, this card totally ROCKS, my friend - love the colors and how you made the scene come to life! Gorgeous work girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Melissa said...

So cute! This is an excellent card for any sea life lover!! Way to go on the challenge Denise!

Many Blessings,
M.

Cassie said...

this is stunning! i've never noticed this set before!! and if i have, i'm sure i just passed right by it - but you've shown how great it can be!!

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

This is beautiful.Love the seahorse.x

Andrea, said...

Stunning card, the colours and images are fantastic. Have a good weekend

Jo said...

This is absolutely beautiful Denise. Love the image and the colours you've used and the hat pin is stunning!

Erin... said...

WOW!! gorgeous!! the seahorse looks so elegant with those swirls and I love the hatpin!! I just can't bring myself to use one up!! LOve love love it!!!

Samantha said...

Love this lil guy- and just can't get enough of the groovy guava- ok I am off to stamp something!

Emily said...

Denise this is way too cute! That stamp set is adorable! I love the layout of your card. Awesome! TFS!

Anonymous said...

This is just wonderful!! I really plan on playing this week girl!! :) Looks like fun!

Lesli said...

Gorgeous card - I love that seahorse!

Anonymous said...

So stunning, Denise, I love it! The colors are gorgeous and I love the waves of white. The ribbon is perfect!

PocketsOfInspiration said...

This is really pretty. Thanks for the heads up on Layers of Colors. They have beautiful stamps!

Heather Huggins said...

This is so cute!! I really like the color.

Maria said...

This is beautiful! I love that color!!

Anonymous said...

What a FABULOUS card Denise!! the receiver of this card will be a very lucky person!!

Jessica said...

The beaded pin is a fabulous touch. You have inspired me! Wonderful job!