Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Tuesday 2 for One

Happy Tuesday!!

I was browsing the forums on Splitcoast this morning and came across 2 challenges that inspired me to get out my stamp stuff and get to work. I haven't done a lot of stamping lately, been working on wedding invitations and playing outside with the kids in the warm weather, so I needed a little push!

The challenges I used were the color combo challenge from 2 weeks ago and then last week's featured stamper challenge. The color combo was Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, and Certainly Celery and the featured stamper was MMBC or Maren! Maren was one of my SBS sisters and I LOVE her work, you can visit her blog here. Her creations are absolutely fabulous!



For this card, I started with Soft Sky cardstock as the card base, folded in half the long way to make a vertical card. Then I layered on pieces of Wintergreen DSP and Blue Bayou DSP. I paper pierced the edges and added a piece of ribbon.

The image is from Pun Fun and colored with blender pens. I used my Scor-Pal to create a frame around the image, then layered it on a piece of Certainly Celery cardstock. I used my Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities on a piece of Blue Bayou cardstock for the final mat on the image layer.

Thanks for looking! Happy Stamping!! :)

8 comments:

Alex said...

This is totally adorable Denise - just love this! Love the scallops, the paper, and that cute little guy! Too fun! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Erin... said...

Sooo cute!!! Great color combo choice and super featured stamper!! Glad to see you got some time to stamp, but I hear you, it's soooo nice out!!!

Samantha said...

Don't you just love the "PUN FUN?" I do and you are so great with it- love this card and the colors!

Lynn said...

I LOVE this color combo! One of my favorites...will be sad when my 2 fav blues are gone. Love these different pattered papers togher too...super cute!

Andrea, said...

Oh this is so cute and I love the colour combo. I am going to have to order some SU cardstock the colours are great

Cassie said...

this is really cute - love the color combo and your bird!

Jo said...

Wonderful cute card Denise...absolutely adore the DP you've used!

LuvCraftn said...

What a cute card!! I've been away for a while and I really missed your blog! I'm hoping to get back to it! :-)
Have a great week!!