Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Terrific Tuesday Fashion Inspiration Challenge

Happy Tuesday!

It's time for the Terrific Tuesday Challenge over on Cindy's Blog. This month her challenge was to use fashion for inspiration when creating a card. At first I was stumped, but then I remembered the dress I recently got for a wedding I'm going to later this summer. It's a simple white dress with brown roses and splashes of turquoise. Here's a photo of it ----->

I kept my card quite simple. I used the same colors as the dress with the same basic design. I chose Close to Cocoa, Tempting Turquoise, and White. I did have to change the flowers, I don't own any rose stamps. I used my Embrace Life stamps from Stampin' Up! and the sentiment is from All Holidays, also Stampin' Up!. I added some glitter to the center flower for some sparkle.

I hope you'll hop on over to Cindy's Blog and check out the other samples using fashion as inspiration. Give this challenge a try too!

Oh and I have blog candy up for grabs, scroll down to see the details, you have until midnight ET, Friday June 27th! So far there are some fantastic color combo ideas, thanks to all who have shared. :)

Happy Stamping! :)

19 comments:

Alex said...

Beautiful Denise - I LOVE your card, WOW!!!! Great job, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous, Denise! I love seeing the photo of your dress - you captured the style beautifully! Great colors and striking layout. Fabulous job on the challenge. :-)

JenMarie said...

GORGEOUS!!!

Emily said...

Oh, Denise, this is so cute!! The card looks just like the dress! Awesome!

Lauren said...

This is beautiful!! I'm sure you will look the same in your dress.

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Denise! I think you captured the essense of your dress with this card quite nicely! I love that it's light, airy, and simple! Jackie

Jo said...

This is beautiful Denise and your dress is so gorgeous....you're gonna look a million dollars in that!! By the way, I hadn't seen this post when I put my comment on your blog candy - my favourite colour again!!

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Very clever! And your Mom did a great job on choosing the dress...it will look awesome with your tan!

Diane said...

Wow! That card matches that dress
perfectly!!! Love the card,great inspirational piece!!!

Stacey said...

Such a beautiful card, simple but really elegant. As you will soon find out below, I love your colour combo! ~x~

Erin... said...

Denise this a fabulous card!!! Beautiful dress too!!! Very elegant!!

Silli said...

Denise, this is so gorgeous. I love the flowers and the colors...TFS:-) Bye, Silli

kes said...

this is so clever how do you get the time.
kes
x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Oh wow this card is fabulous and your dress for inspiration is goreous to xxxx
love it ,Dawnx

Anonymous said...

WOW! Awesome job with the inspiration!! Beautiful card!! :)

Lynn said...

Both the card and your dress are so pretty!

Jessica said...

WOW! Wish I could wear the card! I love this. Fabulous job!

Marilyn Goodrich said...

You were truly inspired! Love the beautiful, clean look!

Elaine said...

Wow, this card totally goes with the dress! Love it!