Friday, June 20, 2008

Sketch Something!

Hi All, Happy Friday!!

That means it's time for another STAMP SOMETHING challenge and this week it's a sketch. The wonderfully talented Emily Weems, of our design team, has created this fun sketch for everyone to try. There's also some great blog candy up for grabs. Hop on over and check out the new challenge! :) Big thanks to Emily for hosting this week too!




For my card I choose to make something fun! I've been doing a lot of fancy wedding stuff lately and so I wanted a break from all of that!

I started out with a 5 1/2" square Night of Navy card, then layered on White and Bashful Blue cardstock. The white layer is paper pierced on all four corners. The bashful piece has been rolled with my Sweet Stars wheel. I then layered on a piece of wide Saffron ribbon from the Sherbet Originals collection and a piece of grosgrain Bashful ribbon. The main image is from Pun Fun. I stamped it in Staz-On ink, then used my Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an aquapainter to color the image. I added some silver EP to the little circles for some metal on my rocket, then used Iridescent Ice EP on the streams of stars. The corners on the white have also been paper pierced to mimic the corners on the other white cardstock. The final touch was to add a So Saffron star and Stickles! (All products are Stampin' Up! except the Stickles)

It was a blast doing this sketch challenge! I hope you'll join us this week and sketch something! Have a great weekend! Happy Stamping! :)

23 comments:

Erin... said...

I think it's great you had a "blast" doing this card:) I love it!!super colors and I love that wide ribbon as a layer!!!

Marilyn said...

I love this card - its definitely a blast!! Love the coloring and your color combo - too much fun! I really am going to try to play along!!

Becky Carafa said...

So cute, Denise! I love the color combo, the piercing, what a fun card!

Alex said...

Whoohoo Denise - this is a blast, lol!! I totally love this card, it rocks the challenge, my friend! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lauren said...

This is such an awesome card - I love it. The wide ribbon is fabulous with the layout!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow what a fabulous card love it ,Dawnx

Melissa said...

What a striking color combination! I wasn't sure if I would use all of the stamps in that particular set so I've had it on my "pending" wish list for a while now, but that rocket is so darn cute, I think it's officially moved to my "must have" wish list! :-)

Many Blessings,
M.

Emily said...

Denise, this is so cute! I love the colors and that star and the ribbon!! Awesome card.

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

Great card.Love the little rocket and the colours you have use.x

Dawn Wheeler said...

Amazing card realy brilliant ,Dawnx

Anonymous said...

Awesome card, Denise! So clean and balanced in every detail. Love the colors and the way you used the wide ribbon too.

kes said...

Such a lovely card sketches are just great aren't they.
kes
x

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card Denise, I love the colours and the cute little image

Sharon said...

Great fun card! Cute little rocket.

Rach said...

what a great card, with nice clean lines and beautifully balanced. Great colour combo.
Hugs Rach.xx

Samantha said...

Love this- Have I told you lately how wonderful you are? You are soooooo talented! Great job- love the pun fun!

Denise said...

Just love that card, I will try that sketch.

Anonymous said...

Amazing card!! This is truly beautiful!! Can't wait to give it a try my friend!! :)

Jeannette said...

I love this card. I think it's gorgeous. The blue and yellow are stunning together.

Jo said...

What a fabulous card Denise and what a great image and sentiment! Fabulous take on the sketch :)

milli said...

Wow! What a great card! Love the colours and the star you've added!

Katharina Frei said...

So lovely! The combination yellow blue is great! Thanks for another fab challenge!

mousekemom said...

Denise,
This is my fav stamp from Pun Fun. I used it to make DS's goody bag tags for his Wall-E party. It is sooo very cute. Love the card colors!

April