Thursday, February 26, 2009

Animal Magic Sketch

Hi All!

Here we are to Thursday already! Hope you're week is going well. I did some housework this morning and rewarded myself with some stamping time. A girl needs a little reward now and again, right?! :)

While blogging I came across the new challenge on Cute Card Thursday, which is animal magic. You must use an animal somewhere on your project. Then I decided I would need a good sketch to go with this CCT challenge so I hopped over to Paper Take Weekly and found a great one by Dawny P.

This is my card, for both challenges. My animal magic with a sketch! I used these beautiful Parisian Breeze papers from Stampin' Up!. I think this is my new favorite color combo too, Chocolate Chip, Kraft, Baja, and White.

The image is my Whimsy Stamps Owl, I haven't used this cutie in a while. He's colored with Copics and highlighted with a white gel pen. I framed him with my Labels Two Nestabilities. The embellishments are paper swirls, Prima flowers, buttons, and some Hodgepodge Hardware.

Thanks for stopping on by today. Enjoy what's left of your Thursday. Happy Stamping!! :)

Oh, one more thing before I go...just a reminder about the image swap.

10+1 images are due by Monday, March 2nd. I've been receiving packages daily and posting them as received on the swap post. If you haven't yet mailed yours off to me, please do so quickly. We want everyone who signed up to take part in swapping these great images. Thanks! You can see the updated received images lists here.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fantastic owl he is and I love these colours babes. Good girl getting on with the housework!! Thanks so much for joining in with CCT. Lol Lynn ♥

Deb said...

fabulous card Denise, I too love those colours, the papers are so pretty and I adore the Whimsy Owl! Sweet buttons for the flower centres too!
Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge! Debx

Stampin Mindy said...

Very cute, I love the colors the owl looks so soft. I cant wait til I get my owl.. any day now.. hopefully!!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Denise! Really love your take on the sketch!! I love this owl too!! SO STINKIN CUTE! :) TFS!

Rach said...

this is gorgeous Denise, love hte browns and blues . the swirls are fabulous and not forgetting that sweet owl.xx

Mephisto said...

Oh miy little Owl *g*
I like this Image so much, its so cute.
Great Card with it.

Hugs
Domi

Mrs Mayne said...

Great card Denise! Cute stamp ;) and I love the papers! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

cats whiskers said...

Oh denise I love those papers they are so classy hun. And your little owl is coloured to perfection. I do love the look on his face
Hugs Jacqui x

Emily said...

How cute!! Love the papers and flowers you! Great layout!

Diane said...

Such a beautiful card Denise!!
Those colors look so wonderful together and that owl on the nesties...wowzers!!!

Lynn said...

Beautiful! I just love this paper too! The texture adds so much and the colors are so soothing. Love how you used the swirls with the flowers.

Jo said...

I just love this owl...he's so cute. The card is beautiful Denise x

Bev said...

Fab card Denise! Love the gorgeous colours and papers and the adorable image x

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is so awesome, I love how the flourishes mimick the owls feathers! BR-T