Thursday, February 19, 2009

Spring Time

Hi All!

Hope you're having a good day. We're in the midst of yet another snowstorm here in the Northeast. Hopefully, it will warm up again soon and all melt away. I've pretty much had enough winter! I'm so ready for Spring and flowers and warmer days.

When I saw the challenge on Cute Card Thursday today, I knew it was perfect to lift the spirits and bring on Spring. I made a card using their Spring theme as well as using the color combo challenge on Magnolia v. Stampavie. So, this is a two for one card!

I received this super cute Magnolia image from Deb M. I love her Deb, she's darling! Thank you for thinking of me. I've colored Tilda with Copics and added some white gel pen highlights. Then cut her out. She's sitting on some chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon.

The cardstock colors are SU! Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, and Old Olive. The patterned paper is BasicGrey Urban Prairie.

I used my new eyelets border punch and some leaves cut with a Sissix die, both from my new SU! goodies. I also added some Prima flowers, buttons, brads, and metal accents to finish off this card.

Thanks for stopping by today. I'm off to take my son to school and then it's time to finish up those save the dates. Hopefully, I'll find time later for some fun stamping! Have a great day.

Happy Stamping!! :)

18 comments:

Rach said...

Denise i love this card, what a great way to pretty up your flowers with the metal accents.. they look fabulous. Tilda looks wonderful as always with your brill colouring..
hope it warms up for you soon.xx

Unknown said...

Just so bright and fresh Denise and I love the floral accents. Thanks for joining in with CCT. Lol Lynn ♥

Maria Matter said...

I really like this card Denise, just gorgeous! Little Tilda looks lovely with these papers and your embellies!
Blessings, Maria

Deb said...

Beautiful card Denise, I love this Tilda too, the colours are so pretty and the wires behind the flowers look fabulous! Hope you manage to find time for some fun today!
Have a great day! Debx

Joey said...

Hi Denise, love your card, the tilda is gorgeous, and beautiful colours, love the leaves down the side of the image. joey.x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Denise. Love the way you've coloured in the tilda image. Yummy papers also. Michele x

Erin... said...

cute, cute cute!!! Love this color combo!! Those little leaves look fabulous!!

Helena said...

Beautiful, I love the colours that you have choosen!

xxxx

Stampin Mindy said...

This is so pretty love the colors and the swirly hardware!

Tracey said...

Denise, this is a gorgeous card! Love this Tilda!

Emily said...

This is so pretty Denise! Love the layout! The leaves and flowers look great! Great coloring too! TFS!

Sue said...

aww tilda looks lovely, great colouring, lovely papers, sue.x

cats whiskers said...

Denise this is fabulous such lovely rich colours and Tilda is so beautifully coloured love the swirls and embellies
Hugs Jacqui x

Lynn said...

Very nice! Don't you just love that new little leaves sizzlet? I think I'll be using mine a lot.

Anonymous said...

OH MY!! This is too darn cute Denise!! Totally love your colors and design!! TFS!

Bev said...

Aww, this is so cute hun - such a fab design and gorgeous embellies

hugs Bev x

Deb M. said...

How cute!! I am so happy that you liked her. You did a beautiful job coloring her. Thanks for the fun swap.

TFS...

melody said...

that magnolia is just darlin..beautiful card and nice touch with the lace work