Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Layers of Color - Sweet and Simple

Morning!

I have a quick post today and then it's back to my save the dates project. Hope you're all having a great day!

This is a card I made using Layers of Color art stamps. Laura, the owner of Layers of Color recently released new stamp sets to add to her clear art stamp collection. Her stamps are very intricate and beautiful and they work well for many different types of stamping projects. You can see the new stamps here.

The card I made uses the mouse from Polka Dot Parade. Isn't he cute! First, I used my frame embossing folder and Cuttlebug to create this simple hanging picture detail. Then I stamped the mouse inside the frame, colored him with Copics and added white gel pen and crystal effects to the strawberry seeds for some added detail.

I mounted the white cardstock to a piece of Riding Hood Red cardstock and then added a tiny dew drop bead to the center of the embossed ribbon. The sentiment is also from this same stamp set, Polka Dot Parade.

And there you have it, a simply sweet card to say thank you. Have a wonderful day. Happy Stamping!! :)

9 comments:

Dawn♥ said...

Ahhh that's a cute little image! Love the simplicity of your wonderful card! ♥

Deb said...

beautiful card Denise, I love the sweet little mouse and the embossed frame looks fabulous!
Have a great day, Debx

Anonymous said...

How sweet!! This is a really cute image and I love the embossed edging!! :) TFS!

Unknown said...

What a lovely clean and simple card! Lol Lynn x

Alex said...

Very cute!! Love the simple prettiness of this one Denise, what a great image! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Emily said...

This is beautiful Denise! I love the simple design! The embossed frame looks great around the image!

Lauren said...

Fabulous card Denise. I love the all the white space.

Lynn said...

What a sweet little mouse! Absolutely LOVE that embossed frame!

melody said...

love how you used the stamp chickie..and love the simplicty..awesome work