Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine Treat Box

Morning,

Hope your Thursday is off to a great start. It's only 9:30ish here and I've gone to the vet, taken my son to the dentist, dropped him off at school, and gone to the Post Office! Definitely feeling very productive today, hopefully I can get some stamping projects finished up too!

The project I'm sharing today is one I made for my son's teacher for Valentine's Day. It's a candy treat box. I feel like all I've been making this week is Valentine stuff, but it's fun. I got this idea from Jeanette's blog and then used the tutorial on SCS. It looks much harder than it really is and now that I've made one, I will make another one! Trust me, if I can make this, so can you! :)

I used BasicGrey papers and a Whiff of Joy image to decorate this box. The image is colored with Copics and the wings have been dusted with a glitter glue and extra glitter. I used grosgrain ribbon, a hat pin and beads, prima flowers, and some sticker rhinestones to finish off this box. The sentiment is from Whimsy Stamps.

This is a side view so you can see better how the whole box looks finished. The box itself is just a piece of printed paper and the cover is a piece of a cereal box covered with matching printed paper. The ribbon is used to hold the cover closed. I filled the box with Hershey Kisses, a nice little chocolate treat!

Thanks for stopping by, enjoy the rest of your day. I'm off now to bake some cupcakes for my son's Valentine's party tomorrow!

Happy Stamping! :)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWZERs girl!! This is totally AWESOME!! What a gorgeous box!! I love this image!! :) TFS!

Unknown said...

Amazing Denise - off to check out the tutorial right now. What a beautiful keepsake you have created. Lol Lynn x

Erin... said...

Holy #@!& that's awesome!!!

Andrea, said...

Oh this is so pretty Denise, I love the image and the flower and hat pin look wonderful. Have a good day

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, your son's teacher will cherish this beautiful box forever. Hugs from Desire

Marcea said...

This is stunning!!!! It is so beautiful, I adore it!
-x-

Rach said...

beautiful Denise, so pretty.xx

Michele Roos said...

Wow Denise this is gorgeous. Love the image and the colouring is beautiful. Michele x

Alex said...

WOW!!! Denise, this turned out FABULOUS girl!!! I love that image, and the colors are rockin'! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Poppy said...

lovely, the box is awesome.
poppy

Bev said...

Fantastic project Denise, it's so beautiful! That's going to be one VERY delighted teacher!!

Hugs Bev x

cats whiskers said...

This is fabulous hun what a wonderful preseny for your sons teacher, love the colours, thanks for the link I wil have a go at making tyhis one
Hugs Jacqui x

Lynn said...

WOW! Very pretty!

Rina said...

Wow...beautiful is all I can say =)

melody said...

another beautiful creation! love your stamping and coloring chickie ~ beautiful work ~ and how you do your ribbons! so yummy

Helena said...

Oh wow, this is stunning!!! Love the little swirl, the ribbons and the pin going through!
xxxx

Marilyn said...

OOOH - this is SOO pretty - I love the little girl blowing kisses - just darling!! The box is amazing too - it looks really big - thanks for sharing!