Friday, February 13, 2009

Chocolate Somethings

Happy Friday!

You know what that means...that's right, a new challenge on STAMP SOMETHING! Last week our theme was Valentines and this week we are staying along those same lines and going with Chocolate Somethings. Who doesn't love chocolate right? So, this should be an easy one. You can make a project with the color chocolate or with edible chocolate, let your imagination be your guide and have fun with this one. Our DT member Lisa Henke is sponsoring the challenge this week and giving one lucky winner a boat load of fabulous stamping goodies. Head over to STAMP SOMETHING and check out the yummy DT creations and blog candy!

For my project I sort of "fudged" the chocolate theme a bit, no pun intended. So, in a way I'm cheating a bit with this challenge. I saw a really cute treat tote on Rach's blog earlier this week and wanted to give it a try, but I didn't want to use it with candy treats, so I improvised a bit. I wanted to send a friend some Whimsy images and a stamp as a little Valentines hello, which this tote is perfect for. And, I did also add a bag of chocolate Hershey Kisses as a little yummy treat so that's how this gift fits this week's challenge. It's a stretch, I know, but let me get away with it this time.

So, this is the front view of the tote. I used a recycled cereal box, some BasicGrey Urban Prairie paper, and lots of coordinating embellishments to make this tote. This was a super easy project and one that was actually a lot of fun to put together. I think I enjoyed it a lot because I love these papers too!

This is the inside view. I added two pockets, one to hold images stamped on 5 1/2 X 4 1/4 inch pieces of white cardstock and the other to hold a little bag filled with different embellishments. The tote folds up and is tied closed with various pieces of ribbon.

This is the side view, which makes it easier to see all the different pockets. I filled the front pocket with a new Whimsy Stamp as a little gift. The pocket was embellished with a Whimsy Frog image and some flowers and accents.

And, this is the back view. I added a smaller flatter pocket to hold a tag which carries the note to my friend. I also embellished this pocket with my Whimsy Frog and various flowers and assorted accent pieces.

This tote is not only cute, but also very versatile. You could add just about anything to the pockets to customize it for your gift idea. Rach used hers for a movie night theme. She enclosed a DVD, some popcorn, and candies. If you'd like more details on how to make this tote, feel free to email me. I'm happy to share!

Have a wonderful weekend. Hope you'll find some time to stamp something chocolaty this week! Happy Stamping! :)

Supplies:
-2 pieces of light weight card board, such as a cereal box. Each piece needs to be 5 1/2 X 9 inches. Scored across the 5 1/2 inch side at the one inch mark.
-4 pieces of designer paper, each 5 1/2 X 9 inches. Use these to cover your cereal box pieces.
-Glue the two pieces together along that one inch score line, they will overlap. This will create the tote.
-Add pockets in various sizes with cardstock and designer paper. Embellish as desired.
-Punch holes in the top of the tote to use for closing.
-Fill tote, tie closed.

21 comments:

mudmaven said...

What a wonderful project! Love it! ~chris

Anonymous said...

Oh, Denise, this is a fantastic tote, love it! Great design, those pockets would be just right for so many things, thanks for the inspiration!

Lynn said...

Love this tote design! Very cool! Love the papers and of course the frog! (I used him on my blog posting today too!)

Ellibelle said...

Oh Denise, this is so awesome! I love the papers too! What a great gift. I have to bookmark this post so I can give it a try when I have time. It looks complicated to make.

Anonymous said...

WOWZER Denise!! This is really fab!! Love the stitching and the whole project is awesome!! Love it!! TFS! :)

Emily said...

Denise, this looks awesome!! I love this! Great papers! The flowers look great! What a great gift! Your friend is going to love this!

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous Denise - I really must get around to making one of these! Love your papers and the froggy. Lol Lynn x

Alex said...

OMG!!!!! This is totally fabulous Denise - I absolutely LOVE this!!! What a great idea!!! I want to make one - will you share? I think this would make a great hostess gift!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lauren said...

This is fabulous! I love all the folds and details.

Stampin Mindy said...

WOW this is adorable!

Dawn B. said...

This is so cool. I love it. Thanks for the directions. I really like the paper you chose. It is my favorite. Will have to CASE this one...

Erin... said...

Fabby little tote Denise!! Love the fun colors of the papers adn wow you can really fit a lot in there!!! Love it!!

Deb said...

I love your tote Denise, thanks so much for adding the sizes etc, I will definitely be trying this out!
I just used my Emma stamp today, thanks so much, she is adorable!
Have a great weekend! Debx

Rina said...

Okay Denise, I may have to give this a try. Yours turned out way too cute. The paper, embellishing, etc...great choices!

Lisa H. said...

no need to forgive you for fudging the challenge. I love this! great tote and I love how you put it all together. FAB!

melody said...

WOWZA ~ that tote is rawkin kewl! i'm totally lovin the design and all those little pockets ~ and yummy colors ~ gorgeous work chickie! and wishing you a very HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! hugz

Jo said...

This is absolutely fabulous Denise and such a neat idea. Somebody is one lucky person to be receiving that!

Hope you had a good weekend.

Katarina said...

What a beautiful gift. I'm sure your friend apreciates it - I know I would!

Deb M. said...

Love the tote, Denise!! Just the cutest idea!

TFS...

Marcea said...

Denise, this is so cute - what a fabulous gift!!! I think you are let off the hook with this wonderful creation!!!!
-x-

Zarah said...

TYVM for the quick reply!! I am definitely gonna try to get my mojo in good working order and apply! :D