Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Basic Grey Challenge

Happy Wednesday!

Another week half over! Aside from all the email issues, things are going pretty well today. Hope you're having a good Wednesday. The sun is shining here, but it's pretty cold.

I have stamp club tonight and spent some time this morning getting ready for that, looking forward to a girls night stamping. I also had time to make a card using the sketch over at BasicGrey Challenges. I've really been having fun doing all these challenges lately, so many great ones out there too. And who doesn't love a great sketch! :)

Here's my card using the sketch from the challenge and some BasicGrey Gypsy paper. I used Pajama Time Emma from Whimsy Stamps as my main image and colored her with Copics. I then cut her out using my new Labels Two Nesties. I also added some embossing with the Swiss Dots folder and paper piercing to the edging.

The final embellishments are blue grosgrain ribbon and purple hydrangea Prima flowers and brads. I forgot to add a sentiment, oops! I guess this will be an any occasion card.

Have a great afternoon! See you soon, happy stamping!! :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous creation Denise!! ;) Love those flowers!! cute image!!

Marcea said...

Beautiful card and papers. Love those flowers .... so pretty
-x-

Marilyn said...

This is a beautiful card -love those basic grey papers - and this sketch is great too!! Have fun stamping with the girls tonight - sounds like tons of fun!

Bev said...

Oh my goondess, I love this card Denise, the image is just darliing.

hugs Bev x

Erin... said...

SO cute Denise!! Love the nesties!! Such pretty paper too!! I'd love to do the image swap!!! I have some WOJ images and a bunch of SU and whimsy, so what ever works!!

Emily said...

This is so pretty Denise! Love the soft colors! Great coloring and layout too!

Catherine said...

she's adorable, Denise :)

Rina said...

Amazingly beautiful. What a great layout Denise and gotta love that DP and the embellishing on it.

Jo said...

Such a cute image (does she look just like her?) and beautiful paper x

Kim Costello said...

Wonderful card denise. Your Image and colours are fantastic and love your take on the sketch. Great papers too!
Thanks for joining us at Basic Grey challenges this week.
HuGs Kim :D

Unknown said...

What an adorable image Denise and beautiful colour choice. Hope you are well. Lol Lynn x

Heather said...

This is gorgeous Denise - love the papers and colours and that image is so adorable.
Thanks for joining us at Basic Grey - hugs Heather xx

Chris said...

A fantastic card Denise. I love the image you've coloured so beautifully and the papers are perfect to go with it. So glad you could join the BG challenge this week. Chris x

Lynn said...

Adorable card Denise! Super cute image and papers! Love those colors!