Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Everybody Art Challenge - Bags

Good Morning,

Hope you're having a nice Tuesday. It's cold here, but the sun is shining. We're going to head out to a play date for the kids and some mommy chat time today. Very much looking forward to getting out of the house and spending time with a good friend! :)

Before we head out for the day, I have a project to share with you that I made for the Everybody Art Challenge blog. Domi, one of the DT gals, asked Whimsy Stamps to sponsor the challenge this week, which we are very happy to do. The challenge theme is bags. I think it's pretty open to your interpretation as long as you create a bag of some sort. One lucky participant will win a free Whimsy Stamps stamp!

Here is my bag, well to be more accurate, my box in a bag. I used this tutorial on SCS to create the bag and then embellished with stamps and flowers. The bottom of the bag is a box made with Tempting Turquoise cardstock and the bag itself is a piece of Urban Prairie paper from BasicGrey.

I used my Whimsy Duck for the main image, colored him with Copics and framed him using my circle Nestabilities. I used the new Eyelet border punch from SU! to do the bottom detail. The handles are made with the tag punch, jumbo eyelets, and satin ribbon. I also added a Prima flower, button center, and butterfly with gems to finish off this bag.

Not sure what I'll do with it now, but it was super easy to make and I think it's cute. Hope you'll give this challenge a try. Visit Everybody Art for more details.

Happy Stamping! :)

19 comments:

Mephisto said...

Hi Denise,
your bag is so beautiful. I like the pretty paper, you have used. And the Duck is soooo sweet.

Hugs
Domi

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH!! This is absolutely DARLING Ms. Denise!! I love the circle punched ducky!!! :) The colors and butterfly make it so special!! TFS!

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Oh how cute is this bag. I love it

Caroline x

Stampin Mindy said...

OMG!!! This is so cute! I love the colors! I cannot wait to get my stamps!

mudmaven said...

This is just gorgeous! I love it. The dp and the duck - great! ~chris

Rach said...

a fantastic project Denise, love the papers that you have used and that super sweet duck.xx

Deb said...

Your bag is so cute Denise, love the pretty spring colours, they work perfectly with the Whimsy Duck! The butterfly is such a sweet touch too! Love the shape of this bag, might just be giving it a try soon!
Hope you enjoyed your day out! Debx

Erin... said...

So adorable!!! Love the colors super springy!!! I will have to try this one out. Thanks for a fun day as well(and some enabling):)

Emily said...

This is so pretty Denise! I love the bright colors! Reminds me of summer! Great papers!

cats whiskers said...

Hi denise this is a fabulous bag dear, just love that image that ducjk always makes me laugh, and those papers are just perfect for him/her
big Hugs Dear
Jacqui x

Deb M. said...

OMGosh Denise!! This is the cutest bag I've seen. The colors, stamp, & embellishments are perfect!! :-) Love it!!

TFS...

melody said...

OH YUMMY! that is just the cutest EVA! so darlin denise ~ i love it

Iris said...

Hi Denise,
your bag is really sweet. I love the paper you´ve used.
Thanks for being our Gastdesigner and for sponoring our challenge.
Hugs
Iris
EAC-Team

Debbie said...

Goreous bag Denise, I love the bright spring colours and the butterfly and the pretty butterfly and flwer details. Debbie x

Desire Fourie said...

This is a gorgeous, bright and happy gift bag. Love the old quack on the front and the eyelets with the tied ribbon at the top. Hugs from Desire

Lauren said...

Super cute and so cheerful Denise!

Anonymous said...

denise your bag is fabulous!! wonderful paper and colours !! love it !
Thanks for being our Gastdesigner and for sponsoring our challenge.
hugs tina46
eac-team

Kati said...

simply fantastic - such a funny bag. It looks like spring. Thanks for sponsoring.
lg
mamapia
EAC-Team

Lynn said...

Adorable! Love the shape of the bag and the paper you used!