Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Copics Color Challenge

Hello, happy Wednesday!

Another week already half over, hope it's going well for you! We had a great day with friends yesterday and today we're relaxing at home. I even had time to stamp already this morning! Might do more later too, but I must do some cleaning and laundry first.

I made this card for the challenge over on Copics Colour Challenge. This is a pretty new challenge blog, which posts a new challenge each week now using different Copic Marker colors as the challenge theme. The challenge this week is to use B02-Robin's Egg Blule, R05-Salmon Red, and YG23-New Leaf. Well, I only have the blue, so I went with that color on my image and threw in some greens on my papers. No reds though!

I started by stamping this Pajama Time Emma stamp from Whimsy's Kids Collection. Then colored her with Copics, B02, B04, and B06. I also used a colorless blender to highlight some areas. Then colored her skin and hair with other Copics. The papers are Me & My Big Ideas and Stampin' Up! cardstock. The embellishments are white gel pen dots, taffeta ribbon in chocolate, and a die cut flower which coordinates with the paper. I also added some glitter and CE to the flower. The sentiment is from the set Simply Said by Whimsy Stamps.

I'm off now to tend to the household chores. Have a great day!

Happy Stamping! :)

17 comments:

Shell said...

I absolutely love this image. Your colouring is amazing.........
I need this stamp....lol

Thank you for joining in the copics colour challenge

~Shell

Stampin Mindy said...

Love all the patterned paper great layout and coloring!

Paula's ponderings said...

This is stunning! I love the colouring and the image is adorable. Thank you for joining our challenge this week.

Paula X

Deb said...

Fabulous card Denise, Emma looks adorable in blue, those papers are so gorgeous and I love the sparkle on the flower. Emma works perfectly for a get well card, great idea!
Have a lovely evening, Debx

Sumtoy said...

Very cute card...love the overall look

Vicki (basement stamper) said...

So so beautiful Denise!! I love your coloring and the sweet accents you've made to go along with your sweet creation!! TFS! :)

Bev said...

Stunning card Denise - your colouring really is amazing. Love the papers and colours too and that flower is delish1!

Lisa T said...

Adorable card! You did a great job coloring her.

Rach said...

this is a fab card Denise, love the colours and your sweet image, and that flower is gorgeous.x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Denise, I love this image and your colouring is beautiful. The papers and the flower detail are beautiful. Debbie x

cats whiskers said...

denise this is stunning dear, your colouring is wonderful and the papers are just so delish, and Wow I love that flowers, stunning dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Glitter Monkey said...

I really love this image - such a cutie. What beautiful colours you have used on this card babes. Lol Lynn ♥

POPPET said...

Love this image coloured perfect, love the flower too very lush, hugs Pops x x x

Emily said...

I love this! The papers look awesome! Love the colors! Great layout!

Jeanette said...

Denise this is stunning. I love the clor scheme and that image is so endearing. LOve it. Hugs Jeanette

Hayley G said...

Love the card, and the way you matched in the patterned paper!

Deb M. said...

Adorable card, Denise!! Love that image & the colors are beautiful.

TFS...