Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Copics Color Challenge

Hello, happy Wednesday!

Another week already half over, hope it's going well for you! We had a great day with friends yesterday and today we're relaxing at home. I even had time to stamp already this morning! Might do more later too, but I must do some cleaning and laundry first.

I made this card for the challenge over on Copics Colour Challenge. This is a pretty new challenge blog, which posts a new challenge each week now using different Copic Marker colors as the challenge theme. The challenge this week is to use B02-Robin's Egg Blule, R05-Salmon Red, and YG23-New Leaf. Well, I only have the blue, so I went with that color on my image and threw in some greens on my papers. No reds though!

I started by stamping this Pajama Time Emma stamp from Whimsy's Kids Collection. Then colored her with Copics, B02, B04, and B06. I also used a colorless blender to highlight some areas. Then colored her skin and hair with other Copics. The papers are Me & My Big Ideas and Stampin' Up! cardstock. The embellishments are white gel pen dots, taffeta ribbon in chocolate, and a die cut flower which coordinates with the paper. I also added some glitter and CE to the flower. The sentiment is from the set Simply Said by Whimsy Stamps.

I'm off now to tend to the household chores. Have a great day!

Happy Stamping! :)

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this image. Your colouring is amazing.........
I need this stamp....lol

Thank you for joining in the copics colour challenge

~Shell

Stampin Mindy said...

Love all the patterned paper great layout and coloring!

Paula's ponderings said...

This is stunning! I love the colouring and the image is adorable. Thank you for joining our challenge this week.

Paula X

Deb said...

Fabulous card Denise, Emma looks adorable in blue, those papers are so gorgeous and I love the sparkle on the flower. Emma works perfectly for a get well card, great idea!
Have a lovely evening, Debx

Sumtoy said...

Very cute card...love the overall look

Anonymous said...

So so beautiful Denise!! I love your coloring and the sweet accents you've made to go along with your sweet creation!! TFS! :)

Bev said...

Stunning card Denise - your colouring really is amazing. Love the papers and colours too and that flower is delish1!

Lisa T said...

Adorable card! You did a great job coloring her.

Rach said...

this is a fab card Denise, love the colours and your sweet image, and that flower is gorgeous.x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Denise, I love this image and your colouring is beautiful. The papers and the flower detail are beautiful. Debbie x

cats whiskers said...

denise this is stunning dear, your colouring is wonderful and the papers are just so delish, and Wow I love that flowers, stunning dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Unknown said...

I really love this image - such a cutie. What beautiful colours you have used on this card babes. Lol Lynn ♥

Pop's Cards said...

Love this image coloured perfect, love the flower too very lush, hugs Pops x x x

Emily said...

I love this! The papers look awesome! Love the colors! Great layout!

Jeanette said...

Denise this is stunning. I love the clor scheme and that image is so endearing. LOve it. Hugs Jeanette

hayleycreates said...

Love the card, and the way you matched in the patterned paper!

Deb M. said...

Adorable card, Denise!! Love that image & the colors are beautiful.

TFS...