Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sketch Saturday with Whimsy Stamps

Good Saturday Morning,

Hope your weekend is off to a great start. I'm planning to hit some craft stores later, but before I leave for the day, I have a card to share that I made for the challenge over at Sketch Saturday. Whimsy Stamps is sponsoring the challenge this week and we're offering up two stamps from our new Whimsy Kids Collection to one lucky participant! Head over and check out the challenge and all the terrific design team creations!

The sketch this week was created by the super talented Jeanette, who we are also lucky enough to have on our Whimsy Design Team! Here's the sketch....

For my card I wanted to incorporate Valentine's Day into this sketch. So, I started by making the card using some BasicGrey Bittersweet papers and SU! cardstock in pinks and browns. Once I had the card put together, I chose to use my new Whimsy Walrus for the image and a sentiment from our Animal Love set. The corners have jumbo eyelets and then I added some white gel pen highlights and dots for some faux stitching. My final touch was to create some faux snow for this big guy to lay on and I did that with some crystal effects, chunky glitter and dazzling diamond dust glitter.

Thanks for taking a peek, have a wonderful weekend. And if you are up for a challenge, pop on over to Sketch Saturday and join in the fun!

Happy Stamping!! :)

20 comments:

Marcea said...

what a fab card hun .... makes such an original valentine's card ... love it! Have fun shopping :o)
-x-

Unknown said...

Great sketch Denise! Wonderful image - so well coloured. Lol Lynn x

Jeanette said...

I just love this card Denise. The paper is delicous and you've olored the wlarus so beautifully. The snow is the perfect touch! Thanks for spnsoring us this week Denise! Those new stamps are wonderful! Hugs Jeanettte

Rach said...

fab card Denise, love the snow effect that you have created. xx

Ellibelle said...

What a cute card Denise! Awesome job coloring the image! I love how his tail is off the circles! Too cute! Oh, and thanks so very very much for your little surprise package! Your awesome card is posted on my blog. :)

Erin... said...

Gorgeous card Denise!!!! Love the snow and that fantastic paper!! have fun shopping!!!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome creation! So darn cute!! I love that Walrus image!! The sketch is very cool too!! I may have to play along! FUN!! TFS! :)

Catherine said...

very cute, Denise. I used the same PP for this challenge...don't you just love the set :)

Bev said...

Oh Denise this is just stunning honey - love the delish papers and the image is fantastic!!

hugs Bev x

cats whiskers said...

Denise thisis stunning lovethose great papers you have used and the Walrus is such fun
Hugs Jacqui x

Iris said...

Very sweet card and paper.
Hugs
iris

Debbie said...

Fabulous card Denise, beautiful colouring... I love the sparkly snow effect and the yummy BG papers. Debbie x

Helen said...

Fab card! Gorgeous papers, and I love the 'snow'!
Helen x

Alex said...

Fabulous take on this sketch Denise - wow!! I love him, can't wait to get mine and ink that cutie up!! He is going to be great on my Sea World pages, heehee!! Cute paper, and the coloring of this guy is fabulous! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Emily said...

This is just adorable Denise!! That walrus is so stinkin' cute!! Love the colors! Great sketch too! Love that DP!

Mephisto said...

Thats a wonderful Card Denise and so a cute Image! I like it.

Hugs
Domi

Dawn♥ said...

Cute card using those BG papers! ♥

Lynn said...

Super cute! Love the way you've colored the walrus and cut around his tail. Papers are pretty too!

Sandra said...

What a great card. Love your papers and the snow under the Walrus is a magical detail. Thanks so much for sponsoring us!
hugs
Sandra xx

melody said...

whoa ~ you're rawkin the coloring chickie! gorgeous card ~ love your choice of pp..so yummy!