Friday, May 23, 2008

Faux Something Challenge

Well, it's finally Friday and you know what that means, YUP, a new challenge on STAMP SOMETHING! This week we'd like you to show us your best "Faux Something," see if you can fake us out!

I made a card using some retired Stampin' Up! stamps. I started with a 5 1/2" square card of Always Artichoke and sponged the edges. I layered on Very Vanilla, which has been stamped with French Script BG and some images from In Full Bloom. I used the Faux Linen technique on this piece. I added a piece of Mellow Moss with the Faux Tile/Grid technique. The last layer is Elegant Eggplant which has been dry embossed with a Faux Leather embossing plate. See the photo below for more detail.


The main flower image, from In Full Bloom, is stamped on watercolor paper with Timber Brown Staz-On ink. Then colored in with watercolor wonder crayons and an aquapainter. I used my Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities for the frame around the image. The little bumble bee is also from In Full Bloom and has crystal effects on the wings. The final embellishments are faux stitching around the edges, a Hodgepodge Hardware frame with brads, organdy ribbon, grosgrain ribbon, and a hodgepodge piece. The sentiment is from Wonderful Favorites.

Thanks for looking, I hope you'll check out all the faux creations by the other design team members. Now it's your turn, go and stamp something!

Happy Stamping! Enjoy the holiday weekend. :)

22 comments:

Erin... said...

It's fauxtastic!!! Your faux stitching looks amazing!! I love the colors in this one very pretty!!

Lauren said...

This is amazing - you really rocked this challenge Denise!

Becky Carafa said...

Beautiful! I love the layout, too!

nessy said...

beautiful layout and colours ~so rich and elegant!!
vanessa xx

Andrea said...

very elegant card .. i love it

Melissa said...

Look at you go girl! I love how the Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla and Elegant Eggplant look together...it's stunning all the way around!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Denise said...

wow, That is a very beautiful card, the layout, colors & the coloring!

Emily said...

This is beautiful! I LOVE your layout and colors. Great job on the challenge! TFS!

Jo said...

Wow!!! Didn't realise there were so many techniques...you're so talented Denise!!! The card is wonderful and love the colours and layout :)

Teresa said...

WOW!! Beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Wonderful faux stitching, great colours and layout!
Smiles, Deena

Katharina Frei said...

Wow, this is fabulous Denise! The details are so precious.

Lynn said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and all your faux techniques!

Jo said...

Me again! I've given you an award....please see my blog for details.

Sorry I haven't e-mailed...you know what it's like - life just gets in the way! Will be in touch this week!

elibeegifts.co.uk said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card and layout, love the colour combo

Sue Shaw said...

Thanks for visiting my blog this is a lovely card, beautiful colours and love the image.
Sue. x

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card!!
Clairexx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is beautiful - I love the colour combo!

Andrea said...

Wow, this card is so beautiful!

xAndrea

milli said...

Love your card! Great faux stiching!

Annie said...

gorgeous card and a fab colour combination - I must remember that.